Things Taylor did on the field in 2016 that kept him around

By that definition...?

Who wouldn't define a "run" as winning at least a couple games?

Considering our new HC and what he did 2 years ago on defense, I have hope.

McDermott's​ defense was worse than Rex's last year in yards and points per game.

Bills have lack of safeties, corners, and linebackers. I don't see it.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By that definition...?

Who wouldn't define a "run" as winning at least a couple games?

Considering our new HC and what he did 2 years ago on defense, I have hope.

One thing we will have to do better is generate first downs on offense. We were 16th in the league last year I believe, in 2015 when the Panthers had their season to remember they were good for 4th at moving the chains.

I'm off the opinion that McD really isn't some defensive genius, and that defense was really the result of a core group of elite/borderline elite at important positions + a very complimentary Cam Newton offense. Tough to replicate that formula IMO.

Kuechly, Davis, Short, and Lotulelei.

Kuch and Short for sure

But I will say that we are not lacking talent on our defense...as a matter of fact our D line is very good.

We lost Gilmore....so there is that.....but I think Darby slips into that role just fine.

Its nots not a complete picture because we will pick up some guys from the draft....would like to see a veteran corner though.

Lotuleilei is not an elite talent, and I don't think I'd call Davis elite either, but Short and Kuechly for certain.

Disagree, Lotulelei might be borderline but Davis is as good an LB as 90% of NFL rosters could ask for. The dude gets after it every play, he just isn't really a household name but he can do it all well.

And the Bills have one player. Dareus who we hope is not smoking and fooling around or injured.

I would call Buffalo's defensive talent, from top-to-bottom, about on-par with Carolina.

DL's are about even, though I think Buffalo has better pass rushers

LB's are clearly better in Carolina by a sizeable margin

DB's are probably close to a wash, but the presence of Darby and addition of Hyde has me leaning Buffalo

I would call Buffalo's defensive talent, from top-to-bottom, about on-par with Carolina.

DB's are probably close to a wash, but the presence of Darby and addition of Hyde has me leaning Buffalo

But not compared to their 2015 roster, which was as well balanced a defense as you could hope for.

Buffalo finished 19th in defense last year and Carolina finished 20th. But Bills defensive line has Kyle Williams who is in rapid decline.

But not compared to their 2015 roster, which was as well balanced a defense as you could hope for.

And I'd give Buffalo's 2014 roster the edge over Carolina's 2015...that's probably why each unit's performance dipped

Buffalo finished 19th in defense last year and Carolina finished 20th. But Bills defensive line has Kyle Williams who is in rapid decline.

Neither of those comments reflects the talent on this roster right now.

And I'd give Buffalo's 2014 roster the edge over Carolina's 2015...that's probably why each unit's performance dipped

Neither of those comments reflects the talent on this roster right now.

Well, bandit we lost our #1 Corner. We replaced one starting safety with a backup in Poyer. Hyde is an add since Aaron was barely on the field last year.

Wild cards are Shaq, Ragland, and any draft additions.

Well, bandit we lost our #1 Corner. We replaced one starting safety with a backup in Poyer. Hyde is an add since Aaron was barely on the field last year.

Wild cards are Shaq, Ragland, and any draft additions.

The elephant in the room is scheme

Rex coached this defense into the ground....it was also very undiciplined watching lots of TIVO where the D was committing penalties to keep opponents offensive drive's going.

Does the switch make to a 4/3 make a immediate improvement? Maybe