Raiders board rumors

No Im serious! and stop calling me Shirley.

Look, I respect both players immensely, but Zach is overall better than Takeo. He's a smarter football player, and he's always around the ball. Sure, Takeo may be able to hit harder "Takeo destroys Zach Thomas" but Id rather a player that's going to make plays.

Ok, I'm off my pedestal.

256791[/snapback]

If you're talking about Zach like 4 years ago you might have the beginning of an argument. Fact is , TKO can shed blocks better due to his superior strength, he covers better, blitzes better, is faster and makes more plays than Zach (fumbles, INT's, Sacks, 3rd down stops). They are probably equals in tackling and the amount of study they put into the game. Honestly though, you'd have to see TKO at MLB to really compare the two.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No Im serious! and stop calling me Shirley.

Look, I respect both players immensely, but Zach is overall better than Takeo. He's a smarter football player, and he's always around the ball. Sure, Takeo may be able to hit harder "Takeo destroys Zach Thomas" but Id rather a player that's going to make plays.

Ok, I'm off my pedestal.

256791[/snapback]

Zach is a MLB and would be around the ball more often. In that case we should compare LondonFletcher to Zach Thomas, but when we compare Takeo Spikes you are looking at a guy who is expected to play pass coverages and defend the run from the OLB position.

I'm not sure if this counts, but Takeo had 5 INT's last year, 4 Forced Fumbles, and 3 sacks. I have to assume those are some serious play making stats.

Zach had more tackles, but any MLB should have more tackles then an OLB.

If you're talking about Zach like 4 years ago you might have the beginning of an argument. Fact is , TKO can shed blocks better due to his superior strength, he covers better, blitzes better, is faster and makes more plays than Zach (fumbles, INT's, Sacks, 3rd down stops).  They are probably equals in tackling and the amount of study they put into the game. Honestly though, you'd have to see TKO at MLB to really compare the two.

256808[/snapback]

Fair enough, perhaps I am thinking of Zach a few years ago. But hey, those were glory years compared to where we are now, allow me that fantasy please?

I've got another fantasy a jacuzzi and Keira Knightly, but that belongs no where on this board.

Fair enough, perhaps I am thinking of Zach a few years ago. But hey, those were glory years compared to where we are now, allow me that fantasy please?

I've got another fantasy a jacuzzi and Keira Knightly, but that belongs no where on this board.

256820[/snapback]

Actually I think the difference between TKO and Zach is that TKO has too much of a neck, whereas Zach has none! :rolleyes:

256820[/snapback]

Granted :rolleyes:

Ok, now you're just slightly exaggerating. TK is a great player, getting better every year, but he's no Zach Thomas. CLOSE!, but not there yet.

256526[/snapback]

Let's put it this way. If the Bills and Dolphins ever trade straight up Thomas for Spikes, the Bills would be the laughing stock of the NFL. That should tell you something.

Let's put it this way. If the Bills and Dolphins ever trade straight up Thomas for Spikes, the Bills would be the laughing stock of the NFL. That should tell you something.

257004[/snapback]

He backed off already. You must have me on ignore or something :D

:P

the fact they think we will trade spikes at all is a joke.

T. Henry is worth a 2nd round pick by himself.

but then to trade spikes (a top 3 OLB) for a CB (top 10 CB) is a freakin laugh.

and i thaught only dolphin fans were so blind.

256820[/snapback]

Yeah, would Spikes get mugged years ago by a transvestite on the streets of NY?