Dolphins Cut Branden Albert

thebandit27

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also want to repeat that this release is the de facto reason that it made absolutely zero sense for Albert to stay at LT and Tunsil to play LG last season.

Tunsil had never played guard, whereas Albert had.

Tunsil was undoubtedly going to be on the team in 2017, whereas Albert was very likely to depart.

What were they thinking making a rookie learn a new position just to move back to his original position a year later, when they could've simply moved an aging vet back to the position he played in college for 3 years?

I also want to repeat that this release is the de facto reason that it made absolutely zero sense for Albert to stay at LT and Tunsil to play LG last season.

Tunsil had never played guard, whereas Albert had.

Tunsil was undoubtedly going to be on the team in 2017, whereas Albert was very likely to depart.

What were they thinking making a rookie learn a new position just to move back to his original position a year later, when they could've simply moved an aging vet back to the position he played in college for 3 years?

"Win now" drives such decisions. It worked too -- they made the playoffs for the first time in many years. I get the logic and approve of it.

"Win now" drives such decisions. It worked too -- they made the playoffs for the first time in many years. I get the logic and approve of it.

I don't think "win now" applies to a new coach like Gase as much as it does to a guy like Rex, and I also speculate that their OL could've been as good (if not better) with Tunsil at LT.

That's not to say that you're wrong, but rather to say that I value long-term vision of team-building (and, to a more direct point, OL building) more than a win-now philosophy.

He's injured all the time. Bills always injured. Pass.

He's started 35 of 48 games over the last 3 regular seasons...that's not "injured all the time"

He also never missed a game in the previous 6 seasons for KC.

If you think that his health is declining, that's fine, but let's stick to the facts.

He's started 35 of 48 games over the last 3 regular seasons...that's not "injured all the time"

He also never missed a game in the previous 6 seasons for KC.

If you think that his health is declining, that's fine, but let's stick to the facts.

He started 72% of the time meaning the other 28% of the time he was not available. He was also often injured even when playing in the games, kind of like a WR we have.

He started 72% of the time meaning the other 28% of the time he was not available. He was also often injured even when playing in the games, kind of like a WR we have.

Yes, I know, anyone that's ever missed a game is injured all the time (even when they don't miss games).

That's the NFL--guys play through injuries. Period. Availability is what's important.

In the 17 games that Miami played this year, Albert missed 4. He was listed on the injury report in 2 others, so unless he told you otherwise, the assertion that he was often injured the rest of the time (let alone more injured than the hundreds of other NFL players not listed on injury reports on a weekly basis) is baseless speculation.

Yes, I know, anyone that's ever missed a game is injured all the time (even when they don't miss games).

That's the NFL--guys play through injuries. Period. Availability is what's important.

In the 17 games that Miami played this year, Albert missed 4. He was listed on the injury report in 2 others, so unless he told you otherwise, the assertion that he was often injured the rest of the time (let alone more injured than the hundreds of other NFL players not listed on injury reports on a weekly basis) is baseless speculation.

I get what you're saying. It was just my understanding that Albert was more hurt than most even when starting.