San Diego - looking for advice

thebug

This is timely. I am doing a trip with the wife for 5 days in march too. Staying in gaslamp district. Looking for good tips on fish tacos and some fine dining.

Also, any tips on spots to surf/rent surfing stuff for a relative beginner? I assume you can surf in march in a wetsuit in San Diego or is it too cold?

The water is cold in the middle of summer I can't imagine what it would feel like in March.

Do a Trolley Tour - it is hop on hop off - can see many parts of the city that way. Make sure you go to the Hotel Del. We did a tour of Petco Park and LOVED it (we are big baseball people). there is a cool restaurant right around the corner called the Tin Fish where we had some great fish tacos.

For real? What's the point of San Diego then?!

San Diego is chilly for this former Florida boy (who's never been to that part of California.. I think LA is slightly warmer, but I'd love to hear from those who know). It's high on my places to visit, but the "perfect weather" is slightly on my cool side. I know up the coast wet suits are important, almost like New England! I'm no expert, but that didn't surprise me. I still want to get there though!

My "chilly" is some people's perfect. But i don't think the water warms up much.