2006 Bills FA's, holy crap!

JP-era

I just found this talking about what the Bills are going to do in this offseason and they discuss that we should think about 2006:

The Bills' planning has 2006 in mind. That's when starters Clements, Adams, Campbell, London Fletcher, Chris Kelsay, Lawyer Milloy, Jeff Posey, Ross Tucker and kicker Rian Lindell become unrestricted free agents.

Donahoe would like to tie up Clements, who made his first Pro Bowl, before he gets to free agency.

How in the hell are we gonna keep all those guys? Clements and Adams need to stay but what about Milloy? Kelsay?

255239[/snapback]

JP, everything is gonna be ok...first off, as posted earlier, we have some of these guys under contract for 2 more years...secondly, when they become free agents, that opens up a bunch of cap space...

and finally, i am sure that TD is aware of this...i am sure that he looks more that 1 year into the future when making personnel choices (McGahee)...i tihnk TD is setting us to be contenders for a long time, and is not going to go with the 3-yr window then cap hell approach so many teams take...

I just found this talking about what the Bills are going to do in this offseason and they discuss that we should think about 2006:

The Bills' planning has 2006 in mind. That's when starters Clements, Adams, Campbell, London Fletcher, Chris Kelsay, Lawyer Milloy, Jeff Posey, Ross Tucker and kicker Rian Lindell become unrestricted free agents.

Donahoe would like to tie up Clements, who made his first Pro Bowl, before he gets to free agency.

How in the hell are we gonna keep all those guys? Clements and Adams need to stay but what about Milloy? Kelsay?

255239[/snapback]

One good thing. UFAs play their asses off in the contract year.

Most of those guys already have large contracts. We signed them as FA's after they had already madea name for themselves. So resigning Milloy, Fletcher, Adams should not be a problem. Clements however will give us trouble, but I don't mind it so much since he has as many downsides as up. Losing him would not be that big of a deal to me.

255239[/snapback]

Clements, Campbell, Fletcher, Kelsay can stay.

Milloy can stay if hes not asking for a 8 mil. salary.

i never liked posey.

and dont forget, if they are FA, we will have alot of money to sign new guys if we have to. IMO, Fletcher and clements HAVE to sign new contracts.

255239[/snapback]

We can do without Jeff Posey, Mark Campbell & especially rian lindell :blink:

One good thing.  UFAs play their asses off in the contract year.

255447[/snapback]

That's a valid point you make.

Wiley, Peerless.... I could keep listing these 'til I'm blue in the face but I won't.

Let's hope Josh Reed likewise gets the fire in his eyes this year.

(Never a wise move to sign a guy based solely on production in his contract year. This has been the road to ruin for many a team. Why would you want someone who could only be bothered to step it up when his ass was on the line? Then when it's not, production slips lower than it was previously. If Reed does do well and wants big money, TD should let him walk.

255239[/snapback]

Posey and Lindell are no brainers, CUT!

Clements and Fletcher you have to keep.

I like Milloy and Adams but I think their going to be gone.

I won't lose any sleep if Tucker and Campbell are not here.

Kelsay/ Denney, what's the difference?

255239[/snapback]

Posey and Lindell are no brainers, CUT!

Clements and Fletcher you have to keep.

I like Milloy and Adams but I think their going to be gone.

I won't lose any sleep if Tucker and Campbell are not here.

Kelsay/ Denney, what's the difference?

255239[/snapback]

This is such good news!

I haven't had this much doom and gloom since BillsFanOne knocked out the Doom Lights from the entire Wall!

JP-era you just keep plugged into your personal tie line at the Niagra Mohawk power plant and keep pumping out them great vibes!

Yes! Can you dig it?!!! We don't have all our starters under lifetime contracts!

OH MY GOD...

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMED!!!!!!!!!!