More weapons are going to be needed ...

Tipster19

The defense and special teams are in pretty good shape outside of the DT (Pat Williams). I would like to see Buffalo load up with some massive O-lineman, gigantic TEs and a bigger, more dependable 3rd receiver. I also saw that Matt Jones at the combine and he looks like a Shockey-type. Convert him to a TE or H-back. He's big and he's got speed. Did anybody see that one handed snag for a TD? With the depletion that Buffalo has got at this position, it's really starting to worry me. Pair Jones up with Jason "Peterbuilt" Peters (who also has speed for a behemoth) and add some hogs thru free agency for the O-line. As for a 3rd receiver, that Tab Perry from UCLA was huge and with some good speed (6'3 @229 lbs). With WM smashing the ball behind a big line and JP's arm and legs, this season might not be so scary. Any other thoughts for a more successful season?

We need a pass catching TE. Euhus showed some talent when he was able to get in the games, however i'm not sold on him. We also need to figure out the LT position, and a backup RB. Burns is not the answer. I'm willing to give reed another shot at the slot receiver position, but another solid WR draft might do the trick if reed screws up again.

With WM smashing the ball behind a big line and JP's arm and legs, this season might not be so scary. Any other thoughts for a more successful season?

254804[/snapback]

Why do you think that this season is going to be scary? We have the best defense, the best special teams, and a reguvinated offense. JPL will NOT play worse than Bledsoe last year, WM will do the same if not better, and our line will do better as well.

What is so scary about that?

Why do you think that this season is going to be scary?  We have the best defense, the best special teams, and a reguvinated offense.  JPL will NOT play worse than Bledsoe last year, WM will do the same if not better, and our line will do better as well. 

What is so scary about that?

254819[/snapback]

I appreciate the optimism, and I hope you're 100% right, however while we know we have the best defense and special teams...and we even know we have a rejuvenated offense with a new QB...we simply have no idea if JP will not play worse than Bledsoe. We simply don't.

I'm not predicting he will or he won't because it's impossible to predict. What I am saying is if he doesn't perform as good if not better than Bledsoe, we're facing a scary season.

The defense and special teams are in pretty good shape outside of the DT (Pat Williams). I would like to see Buffalo load up with some massive O-lineman, gigantic TEs and a bigger, more dependable 3rd receiver. I also saw that Matt Jones at the combine and he looks like a Shockey-type. Convert him to a TE or H-back. He's big and he's got speed. Did anybody see that one handed snag for a TD? With the depletion that Buffalo has got at this position, it's really starting to worry me. Pair Jones up with Jason "Peterbuilt" Peters (who also has speed for a behemoth) and add some hogs thru free agency for the O-line. As for a 3rd receiver, that Tab Perry from UCLA was huge and with some good speed (6'3 @229 lbs). With WM smashing the ball behind a big line and JP's arm and legs, this season might not be so scary. Any other thoughts for a more successful season?

254804[/snapback]

If you are looking for immediate help during the JP transition period(I assume you mean 2005), the Bills would be better served getting TE and WR help via F/A. It is always a crapshoot to rely on a rookie to make an immediate impact.

If you are looking for immediate help during the JP transition period(I assume you mean 2005), the Bills would be better served getting help via F/A.  It is always a crapshoot to rely on a rookie to make an immediate impact.

254856[/snapback]

That's right. Look at our own history. It's rare that you have two rookies start most of the year and are impact players. It's not unheard of, it's just a lot to ask for. It's one thing if the team was at the bottom of the $#!t hole the previous year talent-wise (and yes, Martha we've been there) but that does not describe our last year.

I much prefer getting 2-4 FAs in camp to looking only at 5-6 draftees and 10-12 UFAs.

We're not that far away now that we've cleared out the obstacle at QB.

Frankly I don't see what all the concern is. You basically substitute a rookie that will make bad reads and throw stupid interceptions for a veteran that makes bad reads and throws stupid interceptions. We know he wins the athleticism battle so if JP can hold onto football then we've already gained over what we had.

Christ, you'd think Bledsoe was Elway the way people have annointed him.

Frankly I don't see what all the concern is.  You basically substitute a rookie that will make bad reads and throw stupid interceptions for a veteran that makes bad reads and throws stupid interceptions.  We know he wins the athleticism battle so if JP can hold onto football then we've already gained over what we had.

Christ, you'd think Bledsoe was Elway the way people have annointed him.

254869[/snapback]

Excellent synopsis! But careful there. Some Wallers apparently DID think Drew was Elway. :o

In the next few months, the Bills will have 15 -20 new faces added to the roster. TD stated at the Bledsoe press conference that he was going to work on aquiring help for the offense and I have little reason to doubt it, having seen his active ways during past free agency.

I'm interested to see the activity over the next few weeks, starting this Wed. It's always an exciting time of year.

254804[/snapback]

I posted the same thing on Jones and every other team in the nation is looking at that option with him.

I agree whole heartedly and Im even leaning toward adding a sleeper type talented #3 WR pretty early in teh draft.

I like Jerome Mathis the best but I really like Chauncey Stovall who reminds me of Moulds.

No, I don't believe Bledsoe was solely to blame. But I do believe the offense didn't score as much as hoped earlier in the year and I know they didn't score enough in the last game either. If people agree with it or not, Bledsoe is gone and JP is the starter. With the offense underachieving last year and a brand spanking new QB, it would be in Buffalo's best interest to try and insulate JP with more offensive weapons AND protection (as in bigger and better O-linemen). Even if Bledsoe was still here we would still need some good TEs and a dependable 3rd receiver.

Let's not look into it more then what it was meant to be. We need more additions on offense this year, especially because we have a young, inexperienced QB.

......that Tab Perry from UCLA was huge and with some good speed (6'3 @229 lbs). With WM smashing the ball behind a big line and JP's arm and legs, this season might not be so scary. Any other thoughts for a more successful season?

254804[/snapback]

As a UCLA fan......I wouldn't pick Tab Perry. His hands weren't dependable. At UCLA last year, the only guys you could rely on are all coming back. Especially Marcedes Lewis (big TE, good blocker)

254804[/snapback]

Your first 2 sentences said it all. This, however, is true for any QB, including the one we just released.