Sean McVay for HC

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/08/02/nfl-washington-sean-mcvay-offensive-coordinator-head-coach-kirk-cousins-jay-gruden

I think he would make a great hire. Somebody will hire this bright, 30 year old offensive mind in the near future. Why not us?

He has great pedigree and respect from colleagues and elders. Look what he's done with Cousins.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/08/02/nfl-washington-sean-mcvay-offensive-coordinator-head-coach-kirk-cousins-jay-gruden

I think he would make a great hire. Somebody will hire this bright, 30 year old offensive mind in the near future. Why not us?

He has great pedigree and respect from colleagues and elders. Look what he's done with Cousins.

I think he is going to be a good HC,somewhere down the line,but 30 is too young. Needs a few more years of seasoning,and some consistent success. Let me see you do it for 3 or 4 years. Edited by mob16151

Please no one-hit wonders. The league is infamous for naming hot coordinators to HC jobs only to see them flame out. The skill set is different. While I believe Lynn will become the head coach of the Bills - this is the reason why I am highly skeptical of his success in the job. He was hardly a "hot" OC.

I think he is going to be a good HC,somewhere down the line,but 30 is too young. Needs a few more years of seasoning,and some consistent success. Let me see you do it for 3 or 4 years.

It sounds like he works well and commands respect in spite of his age. Yes experience always helps and is a reasonable assessmant. There have been great coaches who have started at that age and been successful. I don't want to look back after somebody hires him, and say damn, he would have been what we wanted.

Please no one-hit wonders. The league is infamous for naming hot coordinators to HC jobs only to see them flame out. The skill set is different. While I believe Lynn will become the head coach of the Bills - this is the reason why I am highly skeptical of his success in the job. He was hardly a "hot" OC.

Yeah that is a worry you never know for sure. It speaks to me that veteran guys like Callahan have respect for him. I would love to hear what they say to the question- is he ready?