Rex early firing QB driven

Wagon Circler

Think it was a combination of these things.

Once the Bills were eliminated made sense to fire him.

The Bills didn't want to expose TT to injury and be forced to pickup contract. Doubt they are certai nwhat they will do, but don't want anything to force their hand either

Then Rex comes out on Saturday and states he's playing TT which if the rumors are true that Rex already knew he was being let go, then likely he did it just to stick it to the Bills and force their hand to fire him now.

Maybe Monday they went to Rex to try and get him to agree to go with EJ, he refused so today he's fired.

It's difficult for me to believe that Whaley doesn't already know what TT's future holds. Nothing is going to change once the season is over. I would assume the franchise has their mind made up if TT is staying or not.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's difficult for me to believe that Whaley doesn't already know what TT's future holds. Nothing is going to change once the season is over. I would assume the franchise has their mind made up if TT is staying or not.

By doing this it tells me he won't be brought back. I know they could renegotiate(don't think it's their plan)with TT but do you really think TT would want to do that?

By doing this it tells me he won't be brought back. I know they could renegotiate(don't think it's their plan)with TT but do you really think TT would want to do that?

If they had their mind made up about not bringing him back, they would be working deals right now trying to trade him for something. He has value to a number of teams, probably the most with Denver. I suspect we would be hearing trade rumors very soon if that was the case.

If they didn't want him, they would deal him somewhere for something.

If they don't deal him somewhere, then one could assume they do want him, but they don't want to force him on a new coach. They would rather let that new coach make the call and use that as an incentive to get a good coach in here.

Edited by PolishDave

When Rex chose to punt on 4th and 2 in over time, he was signaling that his own image is more important to him than whether the Bills go to the playoffs or not. That was the final straw.

Rex didn't play to win so he can GTFO.

I really think it was probably the 10 men on the field/57 yd Jay Ajayi run that was the last straw, but that's kind of a nit. Either one.

If they had their mind made up about not bringing him back, they would be working deals right now trying to trade him for something. He has value to a number of teams, probably the most with Denver. I suspect we would be hearing trade rumors very soon if that was the case.

If they didn't want him, they would deal him somewhere for something.

If they don't deal him somewhere, then one could assume they do want him, but they don't want to force him on a new coach. They would rather let that new coach make the call and use that as an incentive to get a good coach in here.

I really don't think teams want him. He's honestly not that good and any good he does do is because of the system Rex/Roman/Lynn employed. Run heavy, ground and pound and have the QB do little. No other team does that.

I really don't think teams want him. He's honestly not that good and any good he does do is because of the system Rex/Roman/Lynn employed. Run heavy, ground and pound and have the QB do little. No other team does that.

Denver

And Kubiak already tried to get him once.

I just can't believe the Jets game matters at all for either EJ or TT's fate. I mean how much weight is this organization going to put in a performance vs. the Jets at this juncture? The Jets have completely given up. If anything I'd start Cardale at this point - he'll probably throw for 3 TD's vs Kotite's Jets. Talk about a boost of confidence.

IMO, this is strictly the Bills playing it safe with TT pending the new HC hire.

IF I were E.J., I'd go out to the parking lot and slam my right hand in my car door, so I CAN"T play Sunday and nobody , NO GM will another game to

see me on film and see just how terrible I am.

Denver can't run the ball so I doubt he will be anything but ineffective there.

True. Unless they fix their offensive line. Which I am sure is their primary concern in this years' draft.

They don't need a good passer to excel there though as was proven in Mannings last year. They need a QB who can move the chains and minimize mistakes. Moving the chains with zero running game would be tough for Tyrod. But if they do improve the line enough, he might be just what they are looking for. Certainly better at avoiding pass rush than the QB they have now.

True. Unless they fix their offensive line. Which I am sure is their primary concern in this years' draft.

They don't need a good passer to excel there though as was proven in Mannings last year. They need a QB who can move the chains and minimize mistakes. Moving the chains with zero running game would be tough for Tyrod. But if they do improve the line enough, he might be just what they are looking for. Certainly better at avoiding pass rush than the QB they have now.

FWIW Denver has given up 3 less sacks than Buffalo.

FWIW Denver has given up 3 less sacks than Buffalo.

Yeah but don't forget Tyrod gets credited for a sack every time he runs with the ball. And some of those runs end up being tackles for losses = sacks. Even the ones that are designed QB runs. In pure pass sacks, no doubt Denver has a lot more.