Trump foreign policy

Designation of the Confucius Institute U.S. Center as a Foreign Mission of the PRC

</snip>

Today, the Department of State designated the Confucius Institute U.S. Center as a foreign mission of the PRC, recognizing CIUS for what it is:  an entity advancing Beijing’s global propaganda and malign influence campaign on U.S. campuses and K-12 classrooms.  Confucius Institutes are funded by the PRC and part of the Chinese Communist Party’s global influence and propaganda apparatus.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Designation of the Confucius Institute U.S. Center as a Foreign Mission of the PRC

</snip>

Today, the Department of State designated the Confucius Institute U.S. Center as a foreign mission of the PRC, recognizing CIUS for what it is:  an entity advancing Beijing’s global propaganda and malign influence campaign on U.S. campuses and K-12 classrooms.  Confucius Institutes are funded by the PRC and part of the Chinese Communist Party’s global influence and propaganda apparatus.

</snip>

That's a big deal. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not being carried by the networks (so far) -- press conference on the deal. Kushner speaking now: 

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

</snip>

</snip>

A little more on this topic: 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Kushner is doing quite well so far at this presser. It has been helpful that the questions he has been asked are reasonable, rational, and looking for real information. I am awaiting the gotchya questions, however.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Kushner is doing quite well so far at this presser. It has been helpful that the questions he has been asked are reasonable, rational, and looking for real information. I am awaiting the gotchya questions, however.

Me too. Though they know they're not being carried by their networks, so the press acts much more professionally when they're not ***** for those clips. 

(And as soon as I write that, they ask him a Ye question :lol: )

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Me too. Though they know they're not being carried by their networks, so the press acts much more professionally when they're not ***** for those clips. 

And, there she is...

LMAO his answer cracked me up "somewhere between a short time and a long time, that is what temporarily means."

• Haha (+1) 1