If there is a hell...

It's dealing with Microsoft support.

I'm sure Lord Satan himself runs the department.

Ask for a job, you are more than qualified.

Is it a guy with an Indian accent who called you and said your computer has a virus and he needs access...and your credit card numbers?

He called me and I explained that he cannot be from Microsoft support for I have a Linux desktop.

Is it a guy with an Indian accent who called you and said your computer has a virus and he needs access...and your credit card numbers?

It's loads of fun to string them along. My sister-in-law used to panic when she got those calls. Now she just hands the phone to me and watches, and laughs her ass off.

It's dealing with Microsoft support.

I'm sure Lord Satan himself runs the department.

Clearly you've never dealt with Verizon.

No, it's ACTUALLY microsoft. I had a customer's surface pro brick itself via BitLocker.

Apparently, it's installed by default on version 3 and up. Who knew?

Surface Pro 3 comes with BitLocker enabled by default? I don't think so. I have one, with no Bitlocker. Previous Surface versions did, apparently, and sucked. Might want to double-check the version.

But if it's a Pro 3, I tend to doubt the machine bricked itself. More likely PEBCAK.

Surface Pro 3 comes with BitLocker enabled by default? I don't think so. I have one, with no Bitlocker. Previous Surface versions did, apparently, and sucked. Might want to double-check the version.

But if it's a Pro 3, I tend to doubt the machine bricked itself. More likely PEBCAK.

it's a pro 4 fwiw

Don't like the customer so just wiped and reinstalled so sorry.

:P

Edited by joesixpack

It's loads of fun to string them along. My sister-in-law used to panic when she got those calls. Now she just hands the phone to me and watches, and laughs her ass off.

Clearly you've never dealt with Verizon.

I have; I worked for them, had job moved to India with instructions given to remaining staff not to let customers know this, had Verizon service contract cancelled with them attempting to sell me contract more than twice previous rate and cancelled. Then my wife signs back up because the alternate, Cox, is so bad. I refused to put my name on contract but it is still feels like I made a deal with the Devil.

Same here. I love driving them nuts by stringing them along.