Our secondary sucks

mikemac2001

Rex and had 2 offseasons to fix the safety position

Whaley has had 3. Jusf another position that he ignored and it's killing us

I do not blame Whaley other than taking a gamble that Aaron Williams would be healthy for the season. I do blame Ryan for letting Rambo go and keeping Meeks.

I do blame Ryan for letting Rambo go and keeping Meeks.

I've been saying this all season. Not just Meeks, but Duke Williams also was kept while Rambo left. Rambo was clearly better than either of them.

For that matter, why did we let Marqueis Gray go? We paid a fortune for Clay who isn't any better than Gray.

About the scheme -- The Bills have been saying since Wannstedt's disastrous season that the way to go is dominant D line play, or D front 7. But when our guys run up against a stout O line, like Miami or Oakland (or I'm afraid Pittsburg) they're dead meat. And then the secondary is exposed.

I still like the Ragland pick. No one knew Lorax or Z Brown would be as good as they turned out to be. And Lorax is getting on in years so bringing in new blood is smart. Shaq Lawson looks like a very good player although so far not a dominant one. I think the LBs are good. The D line is a problem with Kyle Williams getting older and Dareus still being a stupid selfish jerk. The Bills would be in Miami's spot now if Dareus played in that game. We've lost a lot of quality depth over the past couple of years on the D line. Used to be we could roll out two full high quality 4 man D lines. Now, not so much. Corbin Bryant's injury exposed the lack of quality depth.