(OT) The Oscars Are A Joke

R. Rich

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Titanic - the one english broad shows her large cans however. i vote for that movie on the can's merits.

i don't understand how those twits in Lord of the Rings won all the 2004 statutes however. WTF! if you were an actor who gave your life to acting or directing for 40 years adn some little runt hobbit stole your thunder you would be pissed....

Didn't see it.  Was it any good?

253343[/snapback]

GalaxyQuest was hysterical. Yeah, the plot scheme has been used a few times wherein someone from one culture sees someone from another culture out of context, and then needs them to save the day. Think "Three Amigos" where the girl sees a movie of the Three Amigos and assumes they're real, while the amigos think they're going to a gig.

In this case, the cast of Galaxyquest (a cancelled Star Trek like TV show) is viewed by aliens in trouble, and the aliens believe the cast is real, so they bring them to their planet. The cast is under the impression they're going to an autograph signing or some such engagement. The best part was when they arrived at what turns out to be an actual working replica of their show's "Enterprise" type spaceship...and the aliens are waiting for them to go into action.

But Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Richman, Tony Shalhoub.

Thumbs up for shitzngiggles.

The "Historical documents" :D:)  :w00t: 

Did you like "Mars Attacks!"...?

253357[/snapback]

I thought "Mars Attacks" was great, if for no other reason than because people kept giving the aliens a chance...and then the aliens would blow them up anyway. And yet they'd keep getting another chance. I still see the old woman in the chair watching TV yelling "They blew up Congress!!" The Sarah Jessica Parker thing was bit over the top...but otherwise a very solid watch.

I thought "Mars Attacks" was great, if for no other reason than because people kept giving the aliens a chance...and then the aliens would blow them up anyway. And yet they'd keep getting another chance. I still see the old woman in the chair watching TV yelling "They blew up Congress!!" The Sarah Jessica Parker thing was bit over the top...but otherwise a very solid watch.

253358[/snapback]

I thought it was great cause EVERYONE died! One of the stupidest movies ever, but it had a hell of a cast, and they all died!

I kept saying, no way HE dies, and then five minutes later...

One day, Johnny Depp will get his.

Unfortunately, probably not. He doesn't suck up to the Hollywood crowd. I recently watched "Secret Window" 4 times over a 7 day period. He gave an amazing and under-appreciated performance in that film.