Bills / Oilers Comeback DVD

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh will ya please stop............

I'm a huge Bills fan...just trying to get ya going as it were... ROB JOHNSON !!!!!!!! .......kidding again..

I live on Long Island and have driven the 10 hours plus several times to Orchard Park, my fav town in the world. I'm just looking for a copy ( DVD ) of my all time fav game. Instead on trying to one up each other with pithy remarks about the " new guy" why don't one of you step up and PM the info...

Lets start again......

Hey Guys! Go Bills !!! ( Is that what you want ? ) seems lame yaknow?

I'm a huge Bills fan...just trying to get ya going as it were... ROB JOHNSON !!!!!!!! .......kidding again..

Lets start again......

253203[/snapback]

Now your getting it!!! Welcome aboard....I'd help you if I could sorry....

is the one the Bills are offering for sale anywhere? or do you have to win it before it goes into the vault?

253227[/snapback]

I tried to find it elsewhere...but no go. I'm entering the contest but I really didnt think it would be such a headache to get.......Oh well.... Just like the Bills in the third quarter of that fabled game............

NEVER GIVE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!

Eventually.......I will have it....

Have a great weekend guys........One month till QB's start training!

Hello all.....

I see that the Bills are sponsoring a contest to win this DVD. I would enter but my recollection of that day is suspect. My friend Johnny and I decided to switch from beer to Gin and Coke's in the second half and chugged one each time they scored.

You can imagine the shape we were in.....actually you can't.

Is there anyone on this site that is selling this DVD. I have a VHS copy but I would like to get John and myself a little reminder of that glorious day.....

Thanks-

Matt

252552[/snapback]

I am fresh out of the comeback game but I have every bills game ever played on dvd for sale plus I have 4 kilos of the finest white powder made. Let me know what you need. Hey your a bills fan so you must be ok. Heres my address.

I live on Long Island and have driven the 10 hours plus several times to Orchard Park, my fav town in the world. I'm just looking for a copy ( DVD ) of my all time fav game. Instead on trying to one up each other with pithy remarks about the " new guy" why don't one of you step up and PM the info...

Lets start again......

253203[/snapback]

They dont understand how lucky we are to be alive.

We were pounding beers down and feeling hopeless at half time.

We had a small pep rally and switched to straight Gin for the 2nd

half.Then it starts off with an interception so we blow a doobie.

We come back in and the comeback begins.We are hitting the gin as fast as

we are slapping fives.Needless to say the Bills win but me and matt

drank 24 bud cans and a half gallon of gin and survived.I consider

both events comebacks.As far as the dvd goes...buy it buddy when it

comes out.That's how we support our team. P.S. make me a copy!

Hello all.....

I see that the Bills are sponsoring a contest to win this DVD. I would enter but my recollection of that day is suspect. My friend Johnny and I decided to switch from beer to Gin and Coke's in the second half and chugged one each time they scored.

You can imagine the shape we were in.....actually you can't.

Is there anyone on this site that is selling this DVD. I have a VHS copy but I would like to get John and myself a little reminder of that glorious day.....

Thanks-

Matt

252552[/snapback]

You need to PM Tracie Lee and ask her to get in touch with her son.

He's got LOTS of material you might be interested in.

How do you decide which words to use when describing a day that you will remember forever? How do you choose just the right words to convey the passion and childlike thrill you felt watching history unfold before your eyes? It’s almost an impossibility. But when recounting this incredible game you realize that the word impossible can never again be used when referring to the Buffalo Bills.

My best friend Johnny and I prepared as we usually did to watch our beloved Bills take on the formidable Oilers. But we could never have anticipated what was to happen during the next three hours. After a half of football that could only be described as depressing carried into the third quarter Johnny and I decided that a change in mojo was necessary. We switched around not only all our Bills paraphernalia but our beverage of choice for the game from beer to gin and Coke’s. We decided this after Kenneth Davis scored just as I made the fateful change. Sensing a winning ( if not potentially dangerous ) formula we decided to consume our drinks entirely after each score. ( That’s 1 )

Here’s where it got very interesting …

Moments later with our faith and buzz renewed Steve Christie recovered his own onsides kick setting up a Frank Reich to Don Beebe bomb that not only had Johnny and I high fiving but also headed back to his bar. ( That’s 2 )

After Frank hit Reed to make it 35-31 we were both delirious, in more ways than one ( That’s 3 )

When Andre caught the go ahead touchdown ( That’s 4 ) you could just imagine the jubilation as well as intoxication.

The Oilers of course would have to make things interesting but the inevitable arrived in the form of a Steve Christie field goal , a 41-38 victory and our 5th gin and Coke within an hours time. Remembering details of that game's second half might be a bit fuzzy but I'll never forget the jubilation that Johnny and I felt as we held each other up in joyous celebration.....

I entered. The results are supposed to be out "The week of the 28th of February" I scratch my head as I wonder, isnt the 28th the LAST day of the month? I'm sure they meant the week of February 28th to March 4th

frank reich prayed to the lord for that win.  the lord pulled him through and made us win.  it gave frank the power.  frank was the lord's messenger.

253260[/snapback]

Story from Tim Russert:

When the Bills played the Cowboys later that year in the Super Bowl, at the end of that morning's "Meet the Press", Tim Russert looked at the camera and said, "Please God - just this once".

After the Cowboys beat the Bills in the Super Bowl, NBC had a party for their employees who were at the Super Bowl. During the party, Tom Brokaw walks up to Tim Russert and says, "Well, Tim - I guess God's a Southern Baptist".

That's what I was thinking but

There's a company down the road from me where you take your videos (of any kind) and they will put them on a DVD for you

252658[/snapback]

Under the old "fair use" standard, copying a telecast for your own use was/is legal. However, once the copies are not for your own use, things begin to get a bit dicey, sale or not. I'm no expert, yet there is one around here that would be much more knowledgeable on this subject than most others here. His/her name is ...........

DRM is changing the old dynamic drastically, but this hasn't hit the "airwaves" (yet), has it?