Building a bullied

4merper4mer

Very simple rule; someone goes for the plant leg of your kicker, you !@#$ that guy up. That's not just a bit cheap, it can be career-altering on a player that can do nothing to protect himself once in the kicking motion.

Someone brought up the incident where Ryan Miller got decked by Milan Lucic. Not a hockey guy but I know the play in question. At the wrong end of the ice, with a potential 3-on-1 situation, nobody gave him what he deserved. Same with the hit by Sherman, the one by Landry too. This team is fundamentally soft because they won't be the enforcers. Hell, even the spear tackle on JWill and the "tackle" by DeAngelo Hall on Chris Gragg in the Redskins PS game. Nobody did anything, just stood idle.

Not all penalties are equal. I'll defend any player that seeks someone out in response to a cheap shot.

No heart. Buffalo sports in a nutshell.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you'd probably have like 5 bucks. Sadly this is the best team we've had during that span.

LOL.....Yup. The majority of Bills teams over the last 17 years would have been blown out in that game. It's a shame they couldn't pull it out but they showed a lot. In the end average passer + backup WRs + very good pass defense = very difficult to score through the air from the ten yard line.

Very simple rule; someone goes for the plant leg of your kicker, you !@#$ that guy up. That's not just a bit cheap, it can be career-altering on a player that can do nothing to protect himself once in the kicking motion.

Someone brought up the incident where Ryan Miller got decked by Milan Lucic. Not a hockey guy but I know the play in question. At the wrong end of the ice, with a potential 3-on-1 situation, nobody gave him what he deserved. Same with the hit by Sherman, the one by Landry too. This team is fundamentally soft because they won't be the enforcers. Hell, even the spear tackle on JWill and the "tackle" by DeAngelo Hall on Chris Gragg in the Redskins PS game. Nobody did anything, just stood idle.

Not all penalties are equal. I'll defend any player that seeks someone out in response to a cheap shot.

Can't speak to the Gragg or JWill hits because I didn't see them. Lucic is a pretty good example and years later we're still the Bruins $(*&*.

The Landry hit was atrocious. Sherman's was bad, but if you really wanted to make some plausible excuse for it you could try because the dolt refs did not blow a whistle. Landry literally launched off his feet into the head of a player with a neck jury blindsiding him. If you're going to put up with that as a team, you will put up with anything.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Can't speak to the Gragg or JWill hits because I didn't see them. Lucic is a pretty good example and years later we're still the Bruins $(*&*.

The Landry hit was atrocious. Sherman's was bad, but if you really wanted to make some plausible excuse for it you could try because the dolt refs did not blow a whistle. Landry literally launched off his feet into the head of a player with a neck jury blindsiding him. If you're going to put up with that as a team, you will put up with anything.

I think there's unwritten rules in every sport. Certain things are a little bit naughty but you let them go (honestly, the tackle on JWill might fall into that category). Other things cross a theoretical line and you act accordingly.

It's not ill-discipline, it's simply a matter of principle. In the cold light of day, it might seem a little unpleasant to the viewing public but you've got to have each other's back when it devolvs into cheap shots.

Edited by Blokestradamus