Your superstition reason for not attending a game.

Major Mud

After careful deliberation I decided not to attend the annual Buffalo-Miami game in Miami this year. My main reasoning is this, when I attend games in consecutive years, as I have. The Bills record is W,L,W,L,W,L,W.....with last years blowout included. So based on this scientific evidence I fear my attendance at the game will continue this pattern. So I have decided to shake up the universe, and not attend, hoping to end this agonizing cycle. Thus in theory, guaranteeing a Bills win. Is this just the thinking of a playoff drought delusional fan, or am I not alone? What are your superstitious reasons for not attending a game?

(Oh, and I'm also worried I won't make it home in time for The Walking Dead season premiere) it's a two hour drive back home.

After careful deliberation I decided not to attend the annual Buffalo-Miami game in Miami this year. My main reasoning is this, when I attend games in consecutive years, as I have. The Bills record is W,L,W,L,W,L,W.....with last years blowout included. So based on this scientific evidence I fear my attendance at the game will continue this pattern. So I have decided to shake up the universe, and not attend, hoping to end this agonizing cycle. Thus in theory, guaranteeing a Bills win. Is this just the thinking of a playoff drought delusional fan, or am I not alone? What are your superstitious reasons for not attending a game?

(Oh, and I'm also worried I won't make it home in time for The Walking Dead season premiere) it's a two hour drive back home.

It sucks that they haven't invented anything that let's you record something and watch it later.

It sucks that they haven't invented anything that let's you record something and watch it later.

You mean my Betamax? Lol yeah, uh no way you can not watch this episode live. Lucille is seriously gonna wreck someone's evening.

You mean my Betamax? Lol yeah, uh no way you can not watch this episode live. Lucille is seriously gonna wreck someone's evening.

Except for the final episode of Seinfeld, I literally have not watched an episode of scripted TV in real time since 1985

So, the fact that anybody would plan around that is kind of jarring to me.

Except for the final episode of Seinfeld, I literally have not watched an episode of scripted TV in real time since 1985So, the fact that anybody would plan around that is kind of jarring to me.

There was no social media at the time of the final episode of Seinfeld. Also it wasn't the conclusion of a dramatic season ending cliffhanger. I normally record everything I watch. But this episode is quite different, spoilers are a B word. It was just an added incentive not to go to the game, not the main reason.

There was no social media at the time of the final episode of Seinfeld. Also it wasn't the conclusion of a dramatic season ending cliffhanger. I normally record everything I watch. But this episode is quite different, spoilers are a B word. It was just an added incentive not to go to the game, not the main reason.

Gotcha - although your point about Seinfeld should be the opposite. I DID watch that in real time. Only because we had a party, though.