I agree with Drew...

soljc

From the article WGR article, I do agree with DB that we should have opened it up for competition instead of crowning JP king without so much as a fight.  And why not?  This team was on the verge of the playoffs, we should be thinking about the playoffs next year, not how long until JP develops and takes us there.

If JP is as good as everyone wants to believe, let him demonstrate it with a solid camp.  If he struggles--which is more likely than not given the current status of our OL and the history of rookie QBs--we're looking at making the playoffs in 2006 or later.

Just my $0.02, though I'm sure my opinion is in the minority.

250885[/snapback]

Bledsoe sucks. He is finished.

End of story.

From the article WGR article, I do agree with DB that we should have opened it up for competition instead of crowning JP king without so much as a fight.  And why not?  This team was on the verge of the playoffs, we should be thinking about the playoffs next year, not how long until JP develops and takes us there.

If JP is as good as everyone wants to believe, let him demonstrate it with a solid camp.  If he struggles--which is more likely than not given the current status of our OL and the history of rookie QBs--we're looking at making the playoffs in 2006 or later.

250885[/snapback]

It WAS an open competition slanted heavily in Drew's favor. He BLEW IT for three straight seasons! How much more "open" do you want it to be for him?

That's exactly what they did. A terse press statement announcing his release on the very first day they could. They made no effort to talk him into staying, nor did they want him to.

250928[/snapback]

Maybe they didn't intend to try to talk him into staying, but both TD and MM have publicly said that they made a big effort to bring in Bledsoe as a back-up next year and have him accept that role.

If they intended to have a QB competition all along with JP and some other QB they wouldn't have tried to keep Bledsoe as a back-up. They simply don't want a competition here at all because they don't want a controversy. I sincerely doubt they will open up the starting position if they bring in anyone else. If Losman falters they may consider going to another QB on the roster, but that's it.

we need to look at this a little more closely. Drew always has some very good camps. And why shouldn't he? He's been doing it long enough. But during the season he doesn't look like the same take charge type of guy. The reason?

It's practice. He would have mopped up the field with JP in a camp competition.

They are not allowed to hit the QB and the Defense isn't coming at him with true bad intentions. What you would see is Bledsoe getting more time to throw, more confidence. Of coarse, he knows he's not going to get his lung squashed in practice. So he's more poised.

Camp to me in that respect is deceiving. JP's first camp, what happened? he got hurt. Know why? he was trying too hard, got downfield running and Vincent is colorblind.

Seriously, the competition would have been in Drew's favor which does not neccessarily equate to regular season success.

250904[/snapback]

Great Post. If Drew Had a good game against Pitt he most liklely would have been the Bills starter next year.

250885[/snapback]

I don't think the Bills crowned JP "king" so much as realizing DB was absolutely done.

I look at this from an entirely different aspect.....

Drew Bledsoe should be THANKING the bills.....thats right....THANKING them....not venting anger into the media.....

Why?

Say that we do give Drew his fair shot at a "competition" in training camp....

This offense isn't going to look anything like what we have been seeing in years past.....there are going to be moving pockets, bootlegs, designed QB keepers, screens.....etc etc etc.......

Drew might look good if the permaters were kept the same but they will not be...

SO

Now you get to the end of training camp.....Losman's athletisism has EASILY won the position....and Bledsoe is riding the pine......

Drew would NOT want to be here......but his options would be limited because all of the other teams looking for a QB (RIGHT NOW) would have spent their free agent dollars.......

Drew should be THANKING the bills

I look at this from an entirely different aspect.....

Drew Bledsoe should be THANKING the bills.....thats right....THANKING them....not venting anger into the media.....

Why?

Say that we do give Drew his fair shot at a "competition" in training camp....

This offense isn't going to look anything like what we have been seeing in years past.....there are going to be moving pockets, bootlegs, designed QB keepers, screens.....etc etc etc.......

Drew might look good if the permaters were kept the same but they will not be...

SO

Now you get to the end of training camp.....Losman's athletisism has EASILY won the position....and Bledsoe is riding the pine......

Drew would NOT want to be here......but his options would be limited because all of the other teams looking for a QB (RIGHT NOW) would have spent their free agent dollars.......

Drew should be THANKING the bills

252256[/snapback]

I think both parties are better off. I hope I am right too...

There are 2 different offenses for Drew and JP.  Mularkey had an O he ran in Pittsb that is his and he (and co) decided that the O needed to be better - and that meant going with a gameplan that required a more mobile qb w/ bootlegs, rollouts and such.  Drew cannot run this offense.  Thus, JP at the helm, and the ability to put in an entire offense that mularkey loves, and that JP is suited for.

250898[/snapback]

You like JP?

Ask him to mail you one of his dirty jockstraps so you can sniff that yellowed area that covers his taint

250885[/snapback]

How dare you suggest that this matter be settled on the field rather than a board room? Haven't you seen The Apprentice? Know what I love best about that move? The way they meticulously set up a "Plan B" in case JP pulls a Todd Collins. Convince Shane Mathews not to retire? Brilliant! Yikes.

Two points, the first is one made by Mike Shopp on the air this afternoon. If Drew is so adamant about an open competition why doesn't he insist that the Cowboys give Drew Henson a fair shot instead of annointing him the starter right now?

Second, if there was an open competition here and Drew lost, do you really think he would have handled it like the pro we'd all like to believe he is? That's hard to swallow after comments like, "I don't envision myself as a back-up in this league and especially not to J.P." and "I can't wait to get home and put the stars on my kids and get rid of the old (Bills) gear."

It says here that if DB were still a Bill, and he lost the job to JP in camp, he would need a skull and crossbones tattoo on his forehead because he'd be nothing but poison.

I wish him well in Dallas, but I'll be suprised if the experiment there is anything more than a bonafide train wreck.

250922[/snapback]

Drew Henson should still be playing 3rd base for the NY Yankees minor league.

He sucks as a QB.

drew had 3 years to shine . played good for 6 months, big F  EN deal.why think of giving him a shot ? why waste the MONEY  on something that sucks ???

251012[/snapback]

I agree, Drew had his chance and never took control. Last year he really didn't play any better than an average QB, if that good. Most of those games were won by Defense and ST. The Drew experiment is over.

We may miss the playoffs this year, but really, how much worse could JP be than Drew has been?