My 10 cents on the game

BmarvB

1) OMFG! They invaded the Evil Empire and circled the Patriots wagons in what has to be the upset of the season so far!

2) Is it me, or is the offense operating much better with Anthony Lynn running it? And tossed in a good dose of the Wildcat too, and even that was effective.

2) Defensive play calling has improved now that Rex is actually stepping back and letting Dennis Thurman do his job.

3) We have a Charles Clay sighting. I'm really hoping we'll start getting more out of the TE position. Woods came through as well.

4) TT is starting to find the middle of the field, but he still missed some passes he shouldn't have. Overall, better use of his skill set was made, and he got the job done, and no turnovers despite passing over 30 times which really isn't ideal.Gotta love the way he can escape pressure and turn a sure sack into a big play though.

5) Zach Brown was all over the place. That was a hell of a rundown on Julian Edelman on the Pats opening drive. Good thing the play was called back. His coverage skills have room for improvement but overall he was a beast.

6) I thought they should have gone deep on Malcolm Butler immediately after he came up limping late in the 3rd. No way was he going to handle Goodwin deep on the very next play without help

7) The Bills actually got the benefit of the calls from the refs. There were a couple close ones that normally would have been called on them. Ritchie did get called for 3 penalties - one was a personal foul.

8) Aaron Williams is much better at safety than he ever was at corner

9) The sound of Pats fans booing, Bill B throwing things on the sideline ........ Sweet music to our ears :)

10) The Rematch at the Ralph (yeah I know it's New Era) is gonna be big, but right now we have to get ready for the Rams. Can't underestimate them, gotta take these guys seriously. GO BILLS!!!!!

1) OMFG! They invaded the Evil Empire and circled the Patriots wagons in what has to be the upset of the season so far!

2) Is it me, or is the offense operating much better with Anthony Lynn running it? And tossed in a good dose of the Wildcat too, and even that was effective.

2) Defensive play calling has improved now that Rex is actually stepping back and letting Dennis Thurman do his job.

3) We have a Charles Clay sighting. I'm really hoping we'll start getting more out of the TE position. Woods came through as well.

4) TT is starting to find the middle of the field, but he still missed some passes he shouldn't have. Overall, better use of his skill set was made, and he got the job done, and no turnovers despite passing over 30 times which really isn't ideal.Gotta love the way he can escape pressure and turn a sure sack into a big play though.

5) Zach Brown was all over the place. That was a hell of a rundown on Julian Edelman on the Pats opening drive. Good thing the play was called back. His coverage skills have room for improvement but overall he was a beast.

6) I thought they should have gone deep on Malcolm Butler immediately after he came up limping late in the 3rd. No way was he going to handle Goodwin deep on the very next play without help

7) The Bills actually got the benefit of the calls from the refs. There were a couple close ones that normally would have been called on them. Ritchie did get called for 3 penalties - one was a personal foul.

8) Aaron Williams is much better at safety than he ever was at corner

9) The sound of Pats fans booing, Bill B throwing things on the sideline ........ Sweet music to our ears :)

10) The Rematch at the Ralph (yeah I know it's New Era) is gonna be big, but right now we have to get ready for the Rams. Can't underestimate them, gotta take these guys seriously. GO BILLS!!!!!

Not really If you look at his passing chart from last year it will show he is still doing the same thing. Will throw over the middle below 10 yards, ignores the middle on greater than 10 yards, the same thing is happening this year

Not really If you look at his passing chart from last year it will show he is still doing the same thing. Will throw over the middle below 10 yards, ignores the middle on greater than 10 yards, the same thing is happening this year

He'll get there over the next few games.

Anyone else notice that when he did attempt to throw down the middle, at least two if not three of his passes were deflected? We were lucky that at least twice, the Bills WR's were able to catch the ball. I saw on a few plays we had players wide open in the middle of the field, but Tyrod chose to check down.

I really hope he can improve his game play here, especially when the weather gets brutal!

Hopefully with this "simplified" game plan, he can work on this.

Anyone else notice that when he did attempt to throw down the middle, at least two if not three of his passes were deflected? We were lucky that at least twice, the Bills WR's were able to catch the ball. I saw on a few plays we had players wide open in the middle of the field, but Tyrod chose to check down.

I really hope he can improve his game play here, especially when the weather gets brutal!

Hopefully with this "simplified" game plan, he can work on this.

There's still work that needs to be done in that area. Other teams are going to pick up on that and force him to take longer shots down the middle. You can bet the Patriots are going to do it in the rematch.

re: #2, it's been so nice just to see the play calls getting in on time! last week vs. the cards the bills offense had a big play that could have easily been challenged/overruled but the bills got the snap off before they had a chance to get a good look at it on replay and throw the red flag.

good things happen when you get the play call in on time!

re: #2, it's been so nice just to see the play calls getting in on time! last week vs. the cards the bills offense had a big play that could have easily been challenged/overruled but the bills got the snap off before they had a chance to get a good look at it on replay and throw the red flag.

good things happen when you get the play call in on time!

this.