Mike Francesa Destroys Rex And Rob Ryan, Buffalo Bills

Mediaman

In fairness, most of his anger is directed toward Rex, who he clearly hates.

Buffalo kind of gets caught up in the middle of it all.

I also agree, 100% with his take on the Pegulas, even if that is not a popular opinion in some WNY sporting circles.

:lol:

I listened to the whole thing. He makes some valid points, but they're buried in talk show bluster.

I thought his take on the Pegulas was largely correct in that they're new to the NFL and so are prone to making mistakes. It didn't seem like he blasted them necessarily. He mentioned that they were a "hard working couple", which isn't exactly trashing them. He also said that Rex can be very charming and that he interviewed extremely well, so it makes sense that the Pegulas as new owners might have put too much weight on the interview, since their practical football knowledge wouldn't be a lot.

That being said, I thought his comment that the Pegulas made a bonehead move in having a players only meeting was off base. Other experienced owners have done that in the past, although not at the beginning of the season.

In the long run, it all comes down to winning, whether the owner has had the team for one year or 30 years. Even if the Bills were 2-0 right now, but went on to finish 7-9 or 8-8 I think Rex would be gone.

The one thing that Freancesa was right about was Rex hiring his brother. I thought it was a bad move.

He is one of the most bombastic goobas on radio but he had some points that should be underlined going forward.

Owners meeting with players about performance of other players and or coaches is TERRIBLE (Even if Rex was notified). Who do you think the players are going to blame themselves or eachother? Also your empowering the peons, the peons should all be working together to make things right. They should not be voicing individual opinions to the owners of the team. See Patriots for example, and they have a few guys that have won so much and for so long that they are a cut above.

The second thing that comes to mind, if the season does not turn around in miracle fashion the house cleaning should be 100%. Way to many leaks are still coming from someone at OBD and that could fracture the relationship of the new GM/Coach. None of the jobs outside of GM and coach are irreplaceable, sure Russ is good at what he does...the NFL sells itself he can be replaced. Clean the entire staff and give the GM and coach a clean slate to begin their relationship with. No more "inside" influence from the leaks and tumors which can easy ignite a rabid fan base.

Lastly the Pegula's need to hire someone they trust with 100% certainty and allow him to work. Stop seeking advice from the crew on the ship and go sip champagne and watch the captain give orders.