My Dust-Settled Observations on the Jets/Bills Game

Coach Tuesday

Just bc the offense goes 3 and out doesnt mean the defense cant do the same to the opponent. First drive of game by NYJ was like 6 minutes. That was pretty much par for course entire game, regardless of Bills offense.

It was about 8 minutes 19 seconds.

- The absence of Hughes really hurt. I was at the game and didn't realize he had bit his tongue, but for awhile I thought he was injured and couldn't find him anywhere on the field. When he was in there, it was clear that he wasn't himself as there was no edge pressure at all on Fitzpatrick and the results were devastating.

Good post, Coach Tuesday, thanks! One question for the former players among us: how on earth does a guy bite his tongue? Don't they wear mouthguards, or are those now "passe' " like cups on their manly bits?

Just bc the offense goes 3 and out doesnt mean the defense cant do the same to the opponent. First drive of game by NYJ was like 6 minutes. That was pretty much par for course entire game, regardless of Bills offense.

Winner winner chicken dinner! (8 minutes 19 seconds) And that's EXACTLY what a good defense does. They keep blanking the opponent and handing it back to their offense until their offense figures out how to do something.

Good post overall.

One minor point. I thought Darby was pants all game. He made a couple breakups on some of Fitz's ducks, but overall a very poor game. His saving grace was the performance of the guy on the other side of the field..which brings us to Gilmore. I still think Gilmore is a good corner. But he's a confidence player. If things start out right, he'll be in lockdown mode all game. Some early adversity like the (phantom) penalty and missed tackle, and he seems unable to set his mind straight. In short, he doesn't seem to possess the "short memory" needed to play the position. This will be a problem moving forward.