Sex Toys in the South

Mediaman

They have been banned for several years, what a fugged up society this is.  What does the govt care what someone does in their bedroom?  Oh well, back to the grocery store and buying extra cucumbers! :doh:

249502[/snapback]

Alabama just wants to make sure that siblings don't have too much fun together.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ourt_sextoys_dc

They have been banned for several years, what a fugged up society this is.  What does the govt care what someone does in their bedroom?  Oh well, back to the grocery store and buying extra cucumbers! :doh:

249502[/snapback]

Yeah, good thing progressive regions like NE don't take away people's Constitutional rights.

Yeah, good thing progressive regions like NE don't take away people's Constitutional rights.

249713[/snapback]

Is that sarcasm I hear? :doh:

"But a U.S. appeals court based in Atlanta upheld the law by a 2-1 vote. "

- Yeah, these judges probably can be found hanging out on Cheshire Bridge Road come nightfall. Atlanta is loaded with sex stores.

Of course.  NE does things like ban smoking in bars, make it very difficult for people to keep and bear arms, etc.  But it's fun to pretend that they're "progressive."

250106[/snapback]

As a non smoker, I appreciate those laws. Its nice to go out and not stink like an ashtray when you come home.

As a non smoker, I appreciate those laws.  Its nice to go out and not stink like an ashtray when you come home.

250132[/snapback]

I forgot, which law was it that stated you had to go to an establishment that permitted smoking? ;)

The intrusion of government into the rights of private property owners when it comes to regulating legal behavior by adults is not what freedom is about. If there were a market for smokeless bars, there would be smokeless bars.

You have the right not to frequent these establishments and to tell the management why you made that decision. The big picture says this is the tip of the iceberg and liberty will continue to erode (as the link you cited proves) - you have yourself to thank for that.

I forgot, which law was it that stated you had to go to an establishment that permitted smoking?  :unsure:

The intrusion of government into the rights of private property owners when it comes to regulating legal behavior by adults is not what freedom is about.  If there were a market for smokeless bars, there would be smokeless bars.

You have the right not to frequent these establishments and to tell the management why you made that decision.  The big picture says this is the tip of the iceberg and liberty will continue to erode (as the link you cited proves) - you have yourself to thank for that.

250183[/snapback]

Great work once again AD!!! People are in such glee over the ban that they are just willing to forget little things, like the rights of property owners, etc.

Some day, people will see how symbolic the ban was as a giant step toward the erosion of many other rights that people enjoy, but by then it will be too late. :D

I forgot, which law was it that stated you had to go to an establishment that permitted smoking? :blush:

No one ever put a gun to my head and said go in this smokey bar and drink here. I'm just saying its nice to go to a place and not have to be subject to that. For the smokers, well sorry but you know I heard somewhere that smoking isn't good for you, maybe its rumor. :)

Great work once again AD!!! People are in such glee over the ban that they are just willing to forget little things, like the rights of property owners, etc.

Some day, people will see how symbolic the ban was as a giant step toward the erosion of many other rights that people enjoy, but by then it will be too late.  :blush:

250978[/snapback]

I don't consider smoking part of the rights that are being taken away. Health issues should remain far removed from freedom of speech, seperation of church and state etc...

I don't consider smoking part of the rights that are being taken away.  Health issues should remain far removed from freedom of speech, seperation of church and state  etc...

251285[/snapback]

Health issues? When was the last time you went into a bar to get healthy? Gonna hide behind the age old "what about the employees" argument? As if they HAVE to take a job in a bar?

Once again, it's about FREEDOM and those who choose security over it deserve, NEITHER.

Some day, people will see how symbolic the ban was as a giant step toward the erosion of many other rights that people enjoy, but by then it will be too late.  :blush:

250978[/snapback]

I think the march toward trampling Constitutional rights started a long time before the smoking ban. See income tax. See state v. federal rights (ha ha- as if that's much of an issue any more). See fed. justification for spending under the commerce clause umbrella. See search and seizure vs right to privacy. See the crowd that doesn't believe in a right to privacy. Etc.

Anti-smoking, and the property right it ignores, was just another step.

There's enough hypocracy to go around for everyone. One side wants to ban smoking and guns but wants freedom of speech and expression. The other side wants to restrict what can be shown and heard on the public airwaves and ban burning the flag but wants the freedom to smoke whereever they want and no restrictions on gun ownership.

Are there any Indian territories in Alabama? Just another item they can sell at their local Native Pride store. "Hey, hey, Jason Seneca here. Ladies, do I have a deal for you."

There's enough hypocracy to go around for everyone.  One side wants to ban smoking and guns but wants freedom of speech and expression.  The other side wants to restrict what can be shown and heard on the public airwaves and ban burning the flag but wants the freedom to smoke whereever they want and no restrictions on gun ownership.

251419[/snapback]

What about people like me, who want none to ban none of the above?

There's enough hypocracy to go around for everyone.  One side wants to ban smoking and guns but wants freedom of speech and expression.  The other side wants to restrict what can be shown and heard on the public airwaves and ban burning the flag but wants the freedom to smoke whereever they want and no restrictions on gun ownership.

Are there any Indian territories in Alabama? Just another item they can sell at their local Native Pride store.  "Hey, hey, Jason Seneca here.  Ladies, do I have a deal for you."

251419[/snapback]

>>>There's enough hypocracy to go around for everyone. One side wants to ban smoking and guns but wants freedom of speech and expression.<<<

You have it almost right, but the "zero toleration left" also wants to ban freedom of speech on college campuses and anywhere else, unless it involves Hillary making a racial slur against Eastern Indians.

Other than this, I see your point to some degree. remember, neither AD nor I have ever presented the smoking issue as one involving "smoker's rights." We are looking at this as a right of property owners to allow a legal substance on their premises.

Some day, people will see how symbolic the ban was as a giant step toward the erosion of many other rights that people enjoy, but by then it will be too late.  :devil:

250978[/snapback]

When I was back in WNY a couple of weeks ago the couple of small town bars I went to pretty much ignored the ban. Now those were bars!!