(OT)What to do in Rochester?

sbin04

And Monroe Ave. is close to East Ave. They run parallel, with Alexander crossing both.

You could conceivably do the Amerks game, drive back to East and Alexander, and spend the whole night in that area--

Amerks, Mex, Lola, Marks...

And Monroe Ave. is close to East Ave. They run parallel, with Alexander crossing both.

You could conceivably do the Amerks game, drive back to East and Alexander, and spend the whole night in that area--

Amerks, Mex, Lola, Marks...

249716[/snapback]

And then top off the night at Gitsis on Monroe. Nothing like their 4 a.m. breakfasts...

Dude, grab some 40 ouncers and hop on a bus at Midtown and ask the drive to take you to either Avenue D, the Harriet Tubman Estates or the Genie Brewery ------- those are the hot spots in Roch.

249734[/snapback]

Now we're talking about some rock 'n roll. Maybe he'll get lucky and someone will show him the Genesee River.

Dude, grab some 40 ouncers and hop on a bus at Midtown and ask the drive to take you to either Avenue D, the Harriet Tubman Estates or the Genie Brewery ------- those are the hot spots in Roch.

249734[/snapback]

Your forgetting about Conkey. Good times to be had by all. :doh:

Hey I just thought of something....Marges Lakeside Inn at Sea breeze, area.  Well its fun in the summer......... :doh:  No!  Ok I'll stop.

249691[/snapback]

Marges!

Holy Cow... I can't believe someone mentioned that place. Before I moved out of the area (15 years ago) I shared many a drunken night in that place. Fun times.

Sea Breeze is a wonderful place.

Marges!

Holy Cow... I can't believe someone mentioned that place.  Before I moved out of the area (15 years ago) I shared many a drunken night in that place.  Fun times.

Sea Breeze is a wonderful place.

249829[/snapback]

You've been gone for way too long. :doh:

You've been gone for way too long.  ;)

249835[/snapback]

Looking back, it's hard to believe that it's been that long since I've left good ol' Ra-cha-cha.

My travels have taken me long and far. Heck, next week I leave to check out New Zealand. (How's THAT for far?)

Bob Villa knows a good garbage plate when he sees one and it doesn't come from Nick Tahous...Unless you like the idea of getting shot or impaled with plastic knives. 

For garbage plates you must check out Mark's Texas Hots on Monroe Ave.  The place is a zoo after the bars close. 

249694[/snapback]

Are you insane? There's only one place to get a garbage plate, and that's the place that invented them. There's only one plate, and that's at Nicks.

Are you insane? There's only one place to get a garbage plate, and that's the place that invented them. There's only one plate, and that's at Nicks.

250200[/snapback]

I agree somewhat. If you never had a plate before, you MUST go to Nick's. It is just as much about the experience as it is about the food. Once you have had your plate cherry popped, go to Mark's or Empire Hots to see the variations. But be warned, there are A LOT of places in Rochester now offering their take on the plate. Wait until you can go to Nick's to have your first. Of course, now that Nick's on Main Street is gone, some of the 3 a.m. experience is lost. I use to love stepping over passed out crackhead whores to come in the back door on Main St. Then hitting those damn railroad tracks because I was so drunk.

Nick's on Main Street is still there, isn't it?  It's just not open late anymore.

250230[/snapback]

I left WNY about five years ago. I visit several times per year, and I was told it was closed. I've gone to Lyell Ave for a while now. Sorry if I'm mistaken. It is still worth a visit in the daytime.

I left WNY about five years ago. I visit several times per year, and I was told it was closed. I've gone to Lyell Ave for a while now. Sorry if I'm mistaken. It is still worth a visit in the daytime.

250235[/snapback]

The Main Street location is still there, it closes at 8pm daily now.

The Lyell Ave location is still open 24/7.