Sammy Watkins article by Tim Graham

eball

>>>>>"I know what it’s like to say, ‘I have no skill. I have no trade. I have no job,’ " Mike said. "I wanted to find blame for this. The cops need to be better. The teachers need to be better. The church needs to do more.

"No, it comes down to you."<<<<<

The above is a quote from his step father, and the best part of a very good article.

I didn't live in one, but I worked in the worst neighborhoods in NYC (when NYC had 2,000 homicides per year (give or take 100 or so). I also spent 4 year walking on a street that the FBI called the worst block in the United States. I think that many would be surprised at how many ghetto residents agree 100,000% with the above quote.

Few want to believe me, but I am telling you that most riots are sparked and staffed by outside agitators. Yes, and paid demonstrators. I have met them. And if Sammy wants to back Kaepernick about the National Anthem I think he is wrong, but so be it.

Now, the pigs on Kaepernick's sox with police uniforms? I think Sammy is making a grave error if he backs this sort of behavior. police are one of the reasons he is alive. A simple thank you would be fine.

To alienate veterans, patriotic citizens and police officers is a dumb move. Most people who take the "public be damned approach usually lose.

Jmo.

I'm sure it's both, but what would you say the % of non cooperation with the police is due to hatred/distrust of the police vs. fear and intimidation of what will happen if somebody does cooperate?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy seems like a good kid - apparently remarkably good for Dunbar.

I know many here have issues with his attitude..... I chalk him up as the good kid that wants to do well but has inexperience with dealing with this type of spotlight/scrutiny. I'm hard on the guys that show no desire to do right, or completely lack the ability. Sammy though? I think he's one of the good ones that ends up coming around to a pretty solid dude with time.

In the context of where he's been and what he's been through- to get bashed for taking the kid to Disney... I could see that be an "are you fricking kidding me?!?" moment pretty easily.

We will see though.

I enjoy his features like this very much. But he--and others at TBN--frequently act like children on Twitter. Just an amazing lack of professionalism.

Twitter is for children and adults who never grew up.

You need twitter updates, let that uber-nerd 26CB hook you up. You'll get it about 30 seconds after it was tweeted anyway. He's good at it. You don't need to be.

Don't forget the links use the .to site he uses to get kickbacks from and then complains when someone posts links to same article he posted on despite search for original link on wall.

Gave up following when I started getting alerts from work "Blocked;Technology/Internet", a category usually reserved for attempts to hide source.

Imagine if he could get kickbacks from twitter posts he reposts; maybe he does but never bother clicking on them to find out.

I know many here have issues with his attitude..... I chalk him up as the good kid that wants to do well but has inexperience with dealing with this type of spotlight/scrutiny. I'm hard on the guys that show no desire to do right, or completely lack the ability. Sammy though? I think he's one of the good ones that ends up coming around to a pretty solid dude with time.

In the context of where he's been and what he's been through- to get bashed for taking the kid to Disney... I could see that be an "are you fricking kidding me?!?" moment pretty easily.

We will see though.

good post

Sammy - An amazing talent, who we hope can keep it together despite his circumstances. He's done well for someone who's had so few roll models.

Timmah - Goodness can this guy write. He has some demons though for sure. I've seen some interactions and things he's written on Twitter that would likely get some of us fired from our positions. I cannot for the life of me figure out why he seeks out conflict with trolls, only to take it to a level beneath even them. Whatever his issues are, it may be part of what makes him so good, often madness and genius go hand in hand.