Ninkovich suspended, miss Bills game for two reasons

Kelly the Dog

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is out 6 weeks with his injury so the suspension is a joke

Suspending an injured player to make it look like the Pats don't get favorable treatment.

You can take a suspension if you are injured? That's kind of sketchy.

It really doesn't seem right. You should have to be cleared to play and then face the suspension.

So this just hit me... what a blessing for the Pats this chucklehead gets suspended.

Think about it...he was hurt and going to miss first 4 games at least..so the Pats would have to keep him on their 53 and guarantee his whole year salary as a vested vet, OR IR him and use up their one slot to move a player from IR to the active 53 this season when he is able to return.

Now, they get to put him on suspended list, get the roster exemption, evaluate his injury 5 weeks down the road, and then make the decision to cut or keep him. Plus they have had the extra roster spot the whole time.

WTF, this suspension is a Godsend to the Pats....really is effed up it can be served while injured and the Pats get that roster exemption and all the benefits that go with it.

Not good for Minkovich, but the Pats don't a chit about players anyway.

Edited by plenzmd1

So this just hit me... what a blessing for the Pats this chucklehead gets suspended.

Think about it...he was hurt and going to miss first 4 games at least..so the Pats would have to keep him on their 53 and guarantee his whole year salary as a vested vet, OR IR him and use up their one slot to move a player from IR to the active 53 this season when he is able to return.

Now, they get to put him on suspended list, get the roster exemption, evaluate his injury 5 weeks down the road, and then make the decision to cut or keep him. Plus they have had the extra roster spot the whole time.

WTF, this suspension is a Godsend to the Pats....really is effed up it can be served while injured and the Pats get that roster exemption and all the benefits that go with it.

Not good for Minkovich, but the Pats don't a chit about players anyway.

Just kind of figures, doesn't it?

Career threatning injury

Take ped to heal knowing at worst you get a 4 game suspension

Back on the field sooner due to the healing process being sped up

Don't have to use IR or pup

I get suspension counting for free agents but if you are suspended you should have to pass a physical of some sort and if can't then suspension doesn't start until you can

Oh well tho not a huge deal just a weird rule I think