Little, Ferguson cut.

I'd wonder if Greg Little's departure meant they might have some interest in Rueben Randle - supposedly he's a dog but he's a dog with 8 TDs last year, the Bills had problems in the redzone last year, I could see the Bills using Goodwin as the third receiver until they got inside the 20 then switch over to Randle.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A player on the PUP once the regular season starts may not practice until after week 6. Even if Lawson is ready to return by that point (and that's not a given) he will have had a total of zero NFL practices under his belt, he will not be anywhere close to game shape and he will have had no opportunity to gel with his unit. It's going to take time for him to be able to contribute.

Maybe. Practice, even for a rookie, is somewhat overrated. Important, sure, but practice can't simulate game speed -- especially not in-season practices where the contact is way less than in camp. They'll use him situationally at first, let him play off instincts and get the rust off from a physical standpoint. It's not ideal by any means, you obviously would prefer he had a full camp, but I don't think there will be a long learning curve in terms of him getting onto the field.

How much he contributes once he's there is up to him. That's why I prefaced what I said with the "if he's as talented as we hope"... a guy with his skillset should be able to contribute pretty quickly, practices or no.

He will likely be sitting up in the booth with some defensive coach or down on the field with the LB coach learning stuff on every single play. He's out there now getting taught. I will bet he is active on game day within the first week or at most two.

Agreed. Being able to be in meetings and next to coaches during practice will help him get the mental side down and get used to the grind of being a pro. That's the tougher adjustment than the actual practices.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Maybe. Practice, even for a rookie, is somewhat overrated. Important, sure, but practice can't simulate game speed -- especially not in-season practices where the contact is way less than in camp. They'll use him situationally at first, let him play off instincts and get the rust off from a physical standpoint. It's not ideal by any means, you obviously would prefer he had a full camp, but I don't think there will be a long learning curve in terms of him getting onto the field.

How much he contributes once he's there is up to him. That's why I prefaced what I said with the "if he's as talented as we hope"... a guy with his skillset should be able to contribute pretty quickly, practices or no.

Agreed. Being able to be in meetings and next to coaches during practice will help him get the mental side down and get used to the grind of being a pro. That's the tougher adjustment than the actual practices.

You're serious? Practice is overrated? Even for rookies? Seriously? That's ridiculous. I caught a bit of Movin' the Chains on my way home from work and they were discussing Bosa and how much he was going to be hurt by missing training camp and so much of the preseason. They thought his missed time likely would be a big hindrance due to the big jump from college to the pros. He's right. Lawson may be able to contribute late this season, but expecting much more than that is not at all realistic.