72 years ago this weekend... a history lesson

All I saw in that post was blah blah blah, and more blah blah blah.

249735[/snapback]

You can laugh all you want in your ignorance, but I believe what the old timers told me way back when and I refuse to hold myself any higher than the Germans that befriended my family.

I suggest you read this article again with an open mind and then judge it.  (Instead of being proud that you couldn't read past the first paragraph.)

GO BILLS

250744[/snapback]

Thanks, I took your advice, re-read it with an opened mind, and I do see it differently.

Now I see blah blah blah, yada yada yaya, and even more blah bull crap blah.

Although I do not agree that the current US Administration are Nazi's, I find the similarities presented in this article quite disturbing.  In my youth, the people that I looked up to always told me that history repeats itself and those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it themselves. 

In the region of WNY, where I was raised, many German citizens settled down and made the community a much richer and stronger place.  Growing up, I never could understand how these happy, intellegent people could do so many monsterous things.  It did not make sense. 

This article paints a broader picture then was ever taught to me in public schools.  (Did many of YOU know of these events?  I sure as hell didn't)

You can laugh all you want in your ignorance, but I believe what the old timers told me way back when and I refuse to hold myself any higher than the Germans that befriended my family.

I suggest you read this article again with an open mind and then judge it.  (Instead of being proud that you couldn't read past the first paragraph.)

GO BILLS

250744[/snapback]

It is pretty sad when you have to log in as a different user in a failed attempt to deflect criticism of your original post.

Although I do not agree that the current US Administration are Nazi's, I find the similarities presented in this article quite disturbing.  In my youth, the people that I looked up to always told me that history repeats itself and those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it themselves. 

In the region of WNY, where I was raised, many German citizens settled down and made the community a much richer and stronger place.  Growing up, I never could understand how these happy, intellegent people could do so many monsterous things.  It did not make sense. 

This article paints a broader picture then was ever taught to me in public schools.  (Did many of YOU know of these events?  I sure as hell didn't)

GO BILLS

250744[/snapback]

Have you ever read "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich"?

It may be useful. You'll find that HALF the nonsense in that post didn't happen.

It is pretty sad when you have to log in as a different user in a failed attempt to deflect criticism of your original post.

251034[/snapback]

Oh my! I had no idea FFS was either old, German, or a woman.

I ought to hang out here more often.