The Buddy System

TPS

I didn't see this in a topic title, if it's being discussed already, please move. The ESPN article linked on TBD is a very good piece on the Ryan brothers and what may be their last stand. Hate Rex or love him, I hope he and Rob do Buddy proud this year.

I didn't see this in a topic title, if it's being discussed already, please move. The ESPN article linked on TBD is a very good piece on the Ryan brothers and what may be their last stand. Hate Rex or love him, I hope he and Rob do Buddy proud this year.

I didn't see that but I did see the Mike Singletary "Football Life" episode last night. It got me to wondering if Rex/Rob's issue might be that they are too nice. Buddy pushed a lot of Singletary's buttons by being a jerk and lighting a fire under MS to be great. Once established, he treated him very well and the relationship had a foundation which could withstand a lot of adversity.

To me....and I know I don't see all the stuff behind closed doors......maybe Rex is too nice a guy. I REALLY like Rex and REALLY want him to win, but if he is a nice guy like that all the time it will be harder. Maybe Ed Reed can help. Somebody needs to kick butt BEFORE putting guys on the field. Excoriating Preston Brown after failures and in public is far different than making Mike Singletary in practices and during games. It builds different kinds of relationships. I don't expect Rex to try to be something he is not. He is a nice guy. He has to find a way to win that way.

I didn't see that but I did see the Mike Singletary "Football Life" episode last night. It got me to wondering if Rex/Rob's issue might be that they are too nice. Buddy pushed a lot of Singletary's buttons by being a jerk and lighting a fire under MS to be great. Once established, he treated him very well and the relationship had a foundation which could withstand a lot of adversity.

To me....and I know I don't see all the stuff behind closed doors......maybe Rex is too nice a guy. I REALLY like Rex and REALLY want him to win, but if he is a nice guy like that all the time it will be harder. Maybe Ed Reed can help. Somebody needs to kick butt BEFORE putting guys on the field. Excoriating Preston Brown after failures and in public is far different than making Mike Singletary in practices and during games. It builds different kinds of relationships. I don't expect Rex to try to be something he is not. He is a nice guy. He has to find a way to win that way.

You are probable right about this, which is why he usually relies on bringing in players from his previous stop when he gets a new job. He's got Rob and Ed Reed to help with that this year.

Defense is looking good tonite vs the skins. the back ups are handling business