OT-Not a happy ending in Texas

Thailog80

I just can't see why a man would rather spend his life in prison or get executed rather than pay child support for 18 years.

248806[/snapback]

Well, some men who think they are men, really aren't. They're usually the last to know.

I'm sure he knew the risks of impregnating this woman and the consequences if they failed to live together until this kid graduated high school.

That's why one should sit down and really think about marriage before actually committing to it!

I'm fairly certain the cops arrested him and the courts decided to arraign him for murder simply because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

248789[/snapback]

You hear stories about people who get railroaded by the cops and D.A. Convicted of crimes they never committed, sometimes executing innocent people. All because law enforcement people sometimes put more importance on convictions than hunting the guilty.

The guy probably did it. All I'm saying is how about a little healthy skepticism here?

PTR

You hear stories about people who get railroaded by the cops and D.A.  Convicted of crimes they never committed, sometimes executing innocent people.  All because law enforcement people sometimes put more importance on convictions than hunting the guilty.

The guy probably did it.  All I'm saying is how about a little healthy skepticism here? 

PTR

249049[/snapback]

Uhhh...he volunteered a confession and led police to the bodies...that count for anything? :w00t:

You hear stories about people who get railroaded by the cops and D.A.  Convicted of crimes they never committed, sometimes executing innocent people.  All because law enforcement people sometimes put more importance on convictions than hunting the guilty.

The guy probably did it.  All I'm saying is how about a little healthy skepticism here? 

PTR

249049[/snapback]

There's nothing wrong with healthy skepticism, but I have enough respect for law enforcement and the legal system to give them the benefit of the doubt. Every once in a while they get bit in the ass by overstating stuff for the sake of getting press (see the one-month-old baby who was thrown from a moving vehicle...only to find the story was crap). But once they found the bodies of this woman and her son, and told us the woman was pregnant and they arrested the guy who got her pregnant...I don't need skepticism. I need a shotgun.

(see the one-month-old baby who was thrown from a moving vehicle...only to find the story was crap)

249069[/snapback]

To be fair...the media overstated the story. I'm pretty sure the detectives in that case were saying "Yeah, sure...now tell us again preciesly what happened, ma'am..." for hours, simply out of a sense of healthy skepticism.