TOD 8/8: Around the AFCE - The Jets just missed playoffs

Jets first 6 games:

-- Bengals

-- at Bills

-- at Chiefs

Seahawks

-- at Steelers

-- at Cardinals

They might win one or two of those (or none, quite possibly). 3-3 is stretch and 4-2 would be a miracle. So if they start 2-4 (realistic best case) they would need to go 8-2 the rest of the way to get to 10-6, and even then maybe fall short of the playoffs again. 8-2 would need a different, more consistent, Fitz than the one we know. More likely, they'll be 1-5 and tank the year to get a savior QB in next year's draft.

My thought with the Jets was that they had the easiest schedule in the league last year (yes - even easier than ours). And they had very few injuries to key contributors. We were missing Watkins for multiple games, Mccoy for multiple games, and TT for 2. As well as several defensive leaders.

They on the other hand were really healthy all year long. That's more luck than anything else (possibly our playing surface? would like to see home/away splits for our injuries).

Not to mention - they lost to us when it mattered most. And that was a game where Buffalo was minus the following players:

Kyle Williams

Aaron Williams

Stephon Gilmore

Karlos Williams

Lesean Mccoy

Robert Woods

Nigel Bradham

Charles Clay

Percy Harvin

Seantrel Henderson

They are borderline just like us.

Edited by dneveu

My thought with the Jets was that they had the easiest schedule in the league last year (yes - even easier than ours). And they had very few injuries to key contributors. We were missing Watkins for multiple games, Mccoy for multiple games, and TT for 2. As well as several defensive leaders.

They on the other hand were really healthy all year long. That's more luck than anything else (possibly our playing surface? would like to see home/away splits for our injuries).

Not to mention - they lost to us when it mattered most. And that was a game where Buffalo was minus the following players:

Kyle Williams

Aaron Williams

Stephon Gilmore

Karlos Williams

Lesean Mccoy

Robert Woods

Nigel Bradham

Charles Clay

Percy Harvin

Seantrel Henderson

They are borderline just like us.

Fitz went out on the first series in Oakland and the Jets tanked that game. He then played against us with the torn ligaments in his thumb on Thursday night, and had surgery scheduled just hours after so he could heal up on the extended time off. If he is healthy for both those games maybe then win 11 games? Chris Ivory was a shell of himself coming down the stretch as well. Everyone has injuries. Edited by Commonsense

Forgive me for this bandito, but I don't equate a bad coaching decision like clock management to poor preparation. The Jets didn't have a game where they were disinterested and outmatched from the jump on the way to a blowout. They didn't have our Redskins game - a game that the team had to have to make the playoffs. (Side note - this may be a trend of RR teams, I'm doing more research.)

Bowles shouldn't be prematurely crowned, but going forward give me him over Rex twice on Sundays.

And yet they let the Bills sweep them - and looked pretty bad at the end of the season when their loss to the Bills cost them the playoffs.