Reggie Roby Dead at age 43

Alaska Darin

Who can forget Roby's distinctive punting style? His kicking leg would be straight and above his head during his follow-through.

RIP Reggie

248497[/snapback]

I always thought the most remarkable thing about his punting style is that he never jumped off the ground when he punted. He had so much power in his kicking leg that his other leg just stayed there on the ground. Amazing.

Wow, very sad. I remember ol' #4 seemed like a giant among punters and could boot the crap out of the ball!

This is a bad year for Reggies. Hey, Reggie Jackson, take good care of yourself!

I saw him kick quite a bit in college at Iowa. Kinnick Stadium would just go nuts when he would send his kickoffs through the uprights....It happened A LOT. Always seemed like a classy guy, and it sounds like he really gave a lot back to the community. (He worked with teens in the tough parts of Nashville).

Sad story today...

I saw him kick quite a bit in college at Iowa.  Kinnick Stadium would just go nuts when he would send his kickoffs through the uprights....It happened A LOT.  Always seemed like a classy guy, and it sounds like he really gave a lot back to the community.  (He worked with teens in the tough parts of Nashville).

Sad story today...

248978[/snapback]

I didn't know he was a place kicker, too.