One Seneca Tower

BuffaloBud

Any of the real estate articles bring out a lot of comments on the News website. A number of them were calling this guy a phony, who is going to make off with govt money and got away with a fraud conviction a while back by "knowing the judge."

It does seem to me that most developers end up with different charges thrown against them, probably most warranted. But, it seems that graft, etc. is all part of the game.

I don't really care about that so much. But, you guys think this guy is legit? That's all I care about in this case.

Being a developer is a tough and complicated business to be in. Few projects get done without some public financial inducements to make the project feasible. That is an inescapable aspect of the business.

When making a judgment on a person such as Jemal ask yourself if his projects get completed.?The answer is yes. Another question to ask regarding an out of town developer entering your market is whether he has been involved in similar type projects? Again, the answer is yes.

This link is from today's Buffalo News on One Seneca Tower. The major point that should be taken away from this article is that the developer, Jemal, is committed to making this large and complicated project a success. Jemal has the right strategy in his three prong approach to breaking down this gargantuan building into more manageable segments i.e. hotel, apartments/condos, offices.

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/real-estate/one-seneca-tower-buyer-tours-buffalos-tallest-building-sees-ton-of-potential-20160824

If all four of these buildings really end up reborn, I think we'll know that this renaissance is real:

http://strictlybusiness.buffalonews.com/2016/08/27/another-sign-new-buffalo-four-tough-develop-downtown-buildings-path-rebirth/

I thought The Statler was already "reborn" a bunch of years back? Or was going to be?

What is happening w/the medical research thing? It would be nice to see a tangible, economic foundation outside of service, recreation, shopping and housing development.

Being a developer is a tough and complicated business to be in. Few projects get done without some public financial inducements to make the project feasible. That is an inescapable aspect of the business.

When making a judgment on a person such as Jemal ask yourself if his projects get completed.?The answer is yes. Another question to ask regarding an out of town developer entering your market is whether he has been involved in similar type projects? Again, the answer is yes.

This seems overly simplistic.

The germane question is this: Does he sit or stand for the National Anthem?