50 Rarely Seen Moments in US History

The picture of Terry Sawchuck is unreal. The Coney Island picture is crazy too. What possible enjoyment could you get from a beach THAT crowded?

That is exactly what I thought and why I decided to post this. But then again, we live in an age of A/C, many options and choices... More individualistic, etc... That was 1940, what else was there to do but socialize, get away from the heat of the city. Man those bodies were stacked together!

Very interesting pictures , thanks for the link .

The Pres won't appreciate his pic though :rolleyes:

Barack Obama posing with a group of friends that called themselves the Choom Gang, Hawaii, c. 1979. Choom was slang for smoking marijuana.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/obama-and-his-pot-smoking-choom-gang/

That's been out for years. Barry says he doesn't spark up any more but I bet he's got a gorrila finger waiting for him in Hawaii once he's done.

That's been out for years. Barry says he doesn't spark up any more but I bet he's got a gorrila finger waiting for him in Hawaii once he's done.

I don't want to get political but I think it's very telling why he had to state the race of the friend whose van he smoked pot in when he was in high school.