Best Player - all things considered

After watching the 30 for 30 on OJ it made me ponder my feelings as a fan. I was a fan of OJ and the Electric Company in college but as history would have it my fandom of OJ diminished with his downfall. Then Sunday's thread brought me back to my inner question - who embodies not only a great athlete but a good human being. The list of great athletes with questionable character is quite long.
So I will propose 2 best players with great character accomplishents - one Buffalo Bill, one any NFL team:

Buffalo Bill - Jack Kemp

NFL - Walter Peyton

I am interested in seeing some other opinions.

So I will propose 2 best players with great character accomplishents - one Buffalo Bill, one any NFL team:

Buffalo Bill - Jack Kemp

NFL - Walter Peyton

Wracking my memory for a better Statesman from the Bills than Jackie K, I can't. -Thread!

I'd go with Bart Starr over Sweetness. Ever the gentleman, his class and grace have never been tainted and he won 2 SB MVP's.

After watching the 30 for 30 on OJ it made me ponder my feelings as a fan. I was a fan of OJ and the Electric Company in college but as history would have it my fandom of OJ diminished with his downfall. Then Sunday's thread brought me back to my inner question - who embodies not only a great athlete but a good human being. The list of great athletes with questionable character is quite long.

Buffalo Bill - Jack Kemp

NFL - Walter Peyton

Payton had his demons, which he never acknowledged. Jim Kelly had his but came clean.

I say Kelly for the Bills and Staubach

Bills - Kyle Williams

NFL - JJ Watt

I'm feeling a generation gap here ;)

Wracking my memory for a better Statesman from the Bills than Jackie K, I can't. -Thread!

I'd go with Bart Starr over Sweetness. Ever the gentleman, his class and grace have never been tainted and he won 2 SB MVP's.

Good pick.

Vince Lombardi would be my pick for Coach.

Buffalo Bill - Billy Shaw

NFL - Anthony Munoz

Billy Shaw was one of my favorites watching the '64-65 Bills with my uncle Joe

Payton had his demons, which he never acknowledged. Jim Kelly had his but came clean.

I say Kelly for the Bills and Staubach

Good point re Jimbo. He was brash but his fortitude helped the Bills get those 4 straight championships. Life has since thrown him some tough challenges which has he meet with the same fortitude and humbled him as well.

I always thought Boomer Easision was a little holier than thou. Then when I saw all his challenges with Gunnar I realized that his actions backed up his words. Changed my opinion of him.

Oh, and I hate the Cowboys! But I do respect any good athlete with great character.

Edited by Uncle Joe