Saw Dead & Company last night in Camden NJ

The Poojer

oh goodness no, we paid 150 per plus stupid fees. Jam bands aren't for everyone, i get it, but it allows for a lot of fun with the audience during the long jams

keep in mind, 3 of the 6 members are in their 70's, plus it's kinda always been that way, relatively short 1st set, then extended long second set. And the instrumentalists get an extra half hour break as Mickey and Billy do Drums>Space, it's the expected structure of a dead show. funny to say structure and dead show in the same sentence, but for as much jamming as they do, it is very structured

I paid $150 per to be up front against the stage for UM at Red Rocks this Saturday. I'll take that over a cover band any day. :D

• 4 weeks later...

they are really killing it so far on the summer tour. hell, even Drums>Space is something to look forward to. Bobby seems to have found a new source of energy. Jeff C is a really nice addition to the lineup, he has such a nice piano sound, so glad they chose him over Bruce Hornsby(nothing at all against Bruce). Oteil keeps looming larger each show, hell, he even got to sing in Cincy this past weekend. All in all, a nice revival of a great band and some excellent music. Can't wait to hear your Portland story

Portland was a wonderful show..

Here is the set list:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dead-and-company/2016/moda-center-portland-or-53ff07a1.html

Highlights for me:

- Bobby's voice was strong throughout. His cover of Dear Prudence was well done...he doesn't have the lyrics cadence of the original Beatles so its always interesting.

- Tennessee Jed is always one of my favorites and the Mayer guitar solos add to it. Guitar solos on many songs highlighted how talented this young man is..Space was a good highlight of this as well.

- Sugar Magnolia and Ripple were great and traditional encores..

- they are having fun. We were walking around Portland and saw Oteil -- when he was talking about the tour he was beaming. Nice guy.

Well worth it...made me wish we were headed to the Gorge tonight..

Edited by JoeF

Here is the set list:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dead-and-company/2016/moda-center-portland-or-53ff07a1.html

Highlights for me:

- Bobby's voice was strong throughout. His cover of Dear Prudence was well done...he doesn't have the lyrics cadence of the original Beatles so its always interesting.

- Tennessee Jed is always one of my favorites and the Mayer guitar solos add to it. Guitar solos on many songs highlighted how talented this young man is..Space was a good highlight of this as well.

- they are having fun. We were walking around Portland and saw Oteil -- when he was talking about the tour he was beaming. Nice guy.

Speaking of Oteil I saw on FB he got a text from Gregg talking about touring. Looks like the band may be getting back together!! :D

isn't it great?? all those 'purists' who are snubbing them because of Mayer are really missing out on some damn good shows. On a funny note i read an article about the whole Mayer thing and there are people calling this band Dead & Bro, that made me laugh, i thought it was cleverly funny!

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1233-coming-to-grips-with-dead-bro-john-mayer-and-the-improbable-live-rebirth-of-the-grateful-dead/

Here is the set list:

Highlights for me:

Edited by The Poojer

isn't it great?? all those 'purists' who are snubbing them because of Mayer are really missing out on some damn good shows. On a funny note i read an article about the whole Mayer thing and there are people calling this band Dead & Bro, that made me laugh, i thought it was cleverly funny!

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1233-coming-to-grips-with-dead-bro-john-mayer-and-the-improbable-live-rebirth-of-the-grateful-dead/

Pooj--they are trying new things--new twists on classics...listen to The Wheel from last night...good stuff. Bobby is energized...

they've been doing the wheel a lot which is a good thing in my book, they are really taking the tempo down, probably to accommodate Bobby, but Mayer, Oteil and Chimenti are really adding a ton to the music. Love it when Oteil joins the Rhythm Devils, he is pretty amazing

Pooj--they are trying new things--new twists on classics...listen to The Wheel from last night...good stuff. Bobby is energized...

they've been doing the wheel a lot which is a good thing in my book, they are really taking the tempo down, probably to accommodate Bobby, but Mayer, Oteil and Chimenti are really adding a ton to the music. Love it when Oteil joins the Rhythm Devils, he is pretty amazing

Do you have the Nugs app? It is great. Has full shows available to listen to the next day directly from the soundboard not some taper. This is the load of artists. 12 years and over 1,000 UM shows. :D

Dead & Company

The Black Crowes

Dark Star Orchestra

The Disco Biscuits

Gov't Mule

Lotus

moe.

Pearl Jam

Phil Lesh & Friends

The Radiators

Railroad Earth

STS9