Ummmmmmm............OK.......................

At the risk of coming off like an out of touch old guy ranting about how things used to be...

Is the number of loonies, nutcakes, crackpots and shitferbrains screwball wackos kind of growing? It is a little, right? Is it just me?

At the risk of coming off like an out of touch old guy ranting about how things used to be...

Is the number of loonies, nutcakes, crackpots and shitferbrains screwball wackos kind of growing? It is a little, right? Is it just me?

No it's not just you, there's a lot of loonies, nutcakes, crackpots and shitferbrains screwball wackos. Take a look at the main board during draft weekend!

We don't have more of them. The problem is they are no longer labeled as loonies, nutcakes, crackpots and shitferbrains and treated accordingly.

Remember when you were a kid and we used to have 'bums'?

Nope. It's called "the internet". Do you think this **** didn't happen 20, 50, 100, 1000 years ago? If you do, you're naive.

No it's not just you, there's a lot of loonies, nutcakes, crackpots and shitferbrains screwball wackos. Take a look at the main board during draft weekend!

It is sad. The world/society is better than ever, but the terrorists and "nutcakes" get all the attention. I bet yall think everything was pure and right in the 1950's........

All that said, the B word in the OP is loony and the charges are valid.

No it is not just you. There are a number of factors involved:

• Greater media (official and nonofficial) coverage of odd things and events making it easier for wackos to get media coverage which they are seeking either consciously or unconsciously
  • Society's acceptance of behaviors and practices which were looked down upon or illegal before which results in more extreme behaviors being accepted
  • Budget cuts which allow a lot of 'harmless" kooks out of mental hospitals or facilities
  • Population pressure causes odd changes - an example in nature are rats which when population goes high exhibit unusual behavior including homosexuality and cannibalism but behavior returns to normal when population pressure returns to normak