Are the Bills looking at Buckhalter?

realtruelove

He was healthy in his rookie year in 2001, missed the entire 2002 season, healthy in 2003, missed the entire 2004 season. Personally, I'd be looking elsewhere.

246061[/snapback]

So you're saying we should sign him to a one year deal ? <_<

That's an idea <_< but what I was going for is looking at someone that is a little more dependable.

246066[/snapback]

So who is going to available and be willing to be a back up? Pretty slim pickins out there. Ron Dayne might be a good option. He's healthy.

So who is going to available and be willing to be a back up?  Pretty slim pickins out there.  Ron Dayne might be a good option.  He's healthy.

246068[/snapback]

Ick give me Buckhalter over Dayne anyday. Here's a short list of some guys I like Dominic Rhodes, Amos Zereoue and J.R. Redmond.

Ick give me Buckhalter over Dayne anyday. Here's a short list of some guys I like Dominic Rhodes, Amos Zereoue and J.R. Redmond.

246071[/snapback]

Rhodes is very good, but the Colts won't let him get away. The other two you mentioned are banta fodder.

I'd make a 1 year deal with one of the above (Zeroue's an interesting option), and draft Sproles or Jermelle Lewis (Iowa) in the 4th-5th.

I'd draft Wilkerson OR Carter for the OLine (Center or Guard; both have experience at both) in Round 2.

And I'd trade Travis for Shelton even up, and continue training Jason Peters as backup Tackle.

I'd bring some leverage on Mike Williams to reduce his cap hit for the coming year.

JJ is gone unless he gives us a hometown discount.

WR Chris Henry or K Nugent in Round 3.

Those would be my changes on Offense.

I think Amos is the best bet out of all of them to become a Buffalo Bill next season.  Zereoue is familiar with (and succesful in) Mularkey's system and was drafted by TD.

246080[/snapback]

I agree he's the best fit and probably the best of those available but it's also a matter of getting him. You outline some good reasons why he should come but sometimes money and playing time could be bigger factors and both of which might be available if he returns to Oakland.

I'd make a 1 year deal with one of the above (Zeroue's an interesting option), and draft Sproles or Jermelle Lewis (Iowa) in the 4th-5th.

I'd draft Wilkerson OR Carter for the OLine (Center or Guard; both have experience at both) in Round 2.

And I'd trade Travis for Shelton even up, and continue training Jason Peters as backup Tackle.

I'd bring some leverage on Mike Williams to reduce his cap hit for the coming year.

JJ is gone unless he gives us a hometown discount.

WR Chris Henry or K Nugent in Round 3.

Those would be my changes on Offense.

246081[/snapback]

I really like Chris Henry myself, but depending on how well he does at the Combine, he might not be around by our pick in the 3rd. I do think taking a WR in the Draft would be an interesting option, since that seems pretty deep again this year in terms of overall talent. Thats why I kind of just laugh when I see a mock draft that has the Bills taking a D-Lineman with their 2nd rounder.

I agree he's the best fit and probably the best of those available but it's also a matter of getting him. You outline some good reasons why he should come but sometimes money and playing time could be bigger factors and both of which might be available if he returns to Oakland.

246083[/snapback]

Don't forget, Modrak drafted Buckhalter when he was at Philly. He could come cheap and if he rehabs, would be a real steal.

Don't forget, Modrak drafted Buckhalter when he was at Philly.  He could come cheap and if he rehabs, would be a real steal.

246088[/snapback]

He very well could be a steal, though if healthy I think McGahee will get a bulk of the carries like he did most of this season which tells me in looking at a backup I'd rather have someone that can compliment him and to me that's where those RBs I listed fit in. As they all have the ability to catch the ball and smaller change of pace backs. Look to NE as an example, Corey Dillon vs Kevin Faulk.

If you read my original post, I am asking "are the Bills looking at Buckhalter?"  Do you know?

246092[/snapback]

A little testy today? I just didn't know if you meant that you read something that stated the Bills are looking at Buckhalter.

PS Your thread title and first post does not say..."Do you know?" <_<

A little testy today?  I just didn't know if you meant that you read something that stated the Bills are looking at Buckhalter.

PS Your thread title and first post does not say..."Do you know?" <_<

246095[/snapback]

I apologize if I came off testy. Len P suggested that Buckhalter would be a good back up option if the Bills traded Henry.

I don't see any problem with signing him, though I wouldn't give him much more than the minimum given his injury history. He can be a very good backup if he can stay on the field and it would mean that the Bills could probably wait until the last three rounds to add a little more competition at the position during the draft.