Stop A Sack or Create A Sack?

boyst

More value...  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Stop a sack or create a sack?

• Stop
    • Create

That works both way. Remember how Bruce Smith was revitalized when Paup came to town?

Our D was nasty those couple of years. I wasn't saying pass rushers aren't important or anything like that. I'll tell you this though I wouldn't want seantrel Henderson lined up against Bruce Smith.

I actually voted for creating a sack being more important than preventing one but the conversation went on a tangent away from the poll. Rex pass rush is less about premier pass rushing talent and more about confusion.

After reading hof Watkins posts I have to wonder what is the point of paying Glenn 12m a year for his pass blocking when the opponent can simply move their stud edge rusher to the sieve on the opposite side? Maybe in today's league you get more value from a left tackle who can protect once a likewise investment is made on the other side. None of this mentions my primary reason for wanting a tackle, that we're a run first offense and even our passing game is created by running the ball.

Edited by Aaron

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our D was nasty those couple of years. I wasn't saying pass rushers aren't important or anything like that. I'll tell you this though I wouldn't want seantrel Henderson lined up against Bruce Smith.

I actually voted for creating a sack being more important than preventing one but the conversation went on a tangent away from the poll. Rex pass rush is less about premier pass rushing talent and more about confusion.

After reading hof Watkins posts I have to wonder what is the point of paying Glenn 12m a year for his pass blocking when the opponent can simply move their stud edge rusher to the sieve on the opposite side? Maybe in today's league you get more value from a left tackle who can protect once a likewise investment is made on the other side. None of this mentions my primary reason for wanting a tackle, that we're a run first offense and even our passing game is created by running the ball.

non position has gained more popularity and got a stronger emphasis to improve than the RT. The RB now is akin to the RT of yesterday

non position has gained more popularity and got a stronger emphasis to improve than the RT. The RB now is akin to the RT of yesterday

When the Tackles become equally important the Defenses will begin attacking the interior. oh wait. that is already trending.

The O line is more important as a whole group than the the D Line is as a group.

But that is an outsiders viewpoint