Von Miller worth 20-25 mill yr?

25 mil for one player just kills your salary cap. Especially if you have to pay a QB on the high end as well. Fortunately for Denver not a problem right now, but it could be.

If he gets that much and they have to pay a QB its not likely he'd ever see the end of a longer term contract. Less money, with more guaranteed would seem like a better option if I were him. That way you end up not being a cap casualty if you have a bad season or a lingering injury.

Otherwise the team can make it look good with a high yearly salary and if structured right, something they can get out of in a few years. No doubt if they end up having to go that high, they will want and fight for something they can get out of. But if he were smart something long term that is guaranteed is a better option.

Signing for the most looks good, but has a higher risk associated with it. If they had a QB locking up $40-$50 million in two players will really handcuff a team. Even with the higher cap numbers in the future.

He can help the team and himself by taking less with most of it guaranteed. Why saddle yourself with 4/5th's of a team, just to say you earned the most.

Having said that, I can't see him getting $25 mil. Not sure even JJ Watt is worth that much coin. Just my 2¢.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't decide. Part of me thinks no (he's kind of a volatile guy -- and you pay a player for what you think he will give you in the future not what he's done in the past) ... but part of me thinks yes considering they don't have a QB at the moment and whoever they do get will not be making starting QB money, most likely.

I have to assume that Elway will blink. But when he does, I'm not sure.

Edited by YoloinOhio