Taxes Seen In Another Light, Or Lite If You Choose

We frown on that sort of thing here.

Assume nothing. Whether I'm wealthy or not doesn't have anything to do with what is fair.

That is the conversation right there....are you more concerned with policies that produce the optimized result or policies borne of idealism?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the conversation right there....are you more concerned with policies that produce the optimized result or policies borne of idealism?

And there it is again. An appeal to utilitarianism as justification for otherwise immoral policy.

This just in: utilitarianism is still broken and is still bunk.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

That'll become as pertinent and useful question when people can agree on the "optimized result." :rolleyes:

A false dichotomy.

Do not misuse my image, you shameless infidel! I only tell the truth! Lying is forbidden by President Saddam Hussein, who tolerates nothing but truthfulness and integrity and encourages everyone to speak of the truths evidenced in their eyes and hearts! Anyone who doubts me will be met with bullets and shoes!

Because it's an allegory on progressive taxation and relative percentages vs. absolute values.

You think it's actually a story about people actually splitting a bar tab? Have the last four years of kindergarten taught you nothing?

But you gotta admire how smoothly he worked in a post under the 'conner' handle for the first time in months. That'll throw everyone off.

The optimized result? Having half the country pay no income taxes while a tiny fraction pays most of the bill is the optimized result?

If that's the case, how could we be so far off the rails since those are the policies in place?

Do not misuse my image, you shameless infidel! I only tell the truth! Lying is forbidden by President Saddam Hussein, who tolerates nothing but truthfulness and integrity and encourages everyone to speak of the truths evidenced in their eyes and hearts! Anyone who doubts me will be met with bullets and shoes!

:lol: