Any one think we'll go for another WR

dj-man

He says he runs a 4.34 40. Draft websites report that he runs in the neighborhood of 4.45-4.5. My guess is that if he goes to the combine and runs a 4.34, or does so in private workouts, you'll see his draft status rise, and Buffalo probably would not have a chance to get him.

From NFL draft countdown

He is the 7th ranked receiver

Reggie Brown

Official Bio College: Georgia Height: 6-1

Position: Wide Receiver Weight: 197

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.50

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Very good pure athletic ability...Good size with a solid frame...Tremendous leaper...Has good ball skills...Is very strong...Really came on as a senior.

Weaknesses: Inconsistent...Has lapses in concentration and doesn't always give 100%...Speed is only average...Hands are questionable...Isn't a deep threat.

Notes: A bit of an underachiever based on his measurables...Projects as a solid #2 receiver in the pros...Could be a steal if a team can get him to play up to his potential.

He says he runs a 4.34 40. Draft websites report that he runs in the neighborhood of 4.45-4.5.  My guess is that if he goes to the combine and runs a 4.34, or does so in private workouts, you'll see his draft status rise, and Buffalo probably would not have a chance to get him.

This is interesting. I'm guessing Brown would love to be a Bill. And I'm sure he knows he's not going high in the draft so he's not going to be making gobs of money (relatively speaking), so if the Bills like him, it would behoove them to tell Brown to run slow at all his workouts, and that they'll take him in the 3rd round.

And if he projects as a "solid #2 WR" and the Bills can get him in the 3rd and, he should be a good #3 WR and develop into a #2 behind Evans.

Hey, it's a nice fantasy, assuming the kid has some goods and will want to play hard for his favorite team.

There's a QB who is 6'6" and who has the athletic ability to play TE.  He could be worth a look, although he'd be a project.

245930[/snapback]

Matt Jones of Arkansas.. He was awsome the week of the Snr. Bowl practices and game.

Reggie Brown has some serious talent...and I can safely say that if he makes it to the Bills 2nd round draft pick, I'd love it if we drafted him since he'd be one of the best talent-wise players still available. Honestly, I'll be happy if we draft anything other than a RB with our first pick.

I heard Mike Mayock (NFL Network's draf guru) talking about Reggie Brown the other night as a guy he REALLY liked and he saw his stock rising after the combine and everyone gets a chance to see what he's got and had him as going late in the first rd.

There's a QB who is 6'6" and who has the athletic ability to play TE.  He could be worth a look, although he'd be a project.

245930[/snapback]

Matt Jones. I really hope we can steal him later in the draft, he's gonna be an excellent TE. He's one of those basketball to football players. During Senior Bowl week he was lining up at QB, TE, and WR. He couldn't be stopped at TE or WR. This is the kind of player MM and TC would love in their creative offense. Could also become a solid backup QB if needed.

we're gonna go Oline with our 2nd rounder arent we? I do think we need to get a good 3 wr though. I just thought it was obvious form last season with all the injuries that we needed help there a lot. Also, what ever happened to Peters playing TE? He's a playmaker and you gotta love any guy that big with athleticism.

I have a feeling the Bills are going to give Josh Reed one more chance to prove himself. I think they will probably give themselves other options--I don't know what this means for the draft--but I also think they haven't given up on him yet. He showed well enough in his rookie season that he might still develop. This last season was a waste for him, in part because he lost so much time to injury.

Remember that Moulds was considered a bust by many Bills fans until his third season with the team.

I will be surprised if they draft a wide receiver in the second or third rounds (assuming they don't retrived a first rounder).