My summary for the 2016 Bills' additions/subtraction.

This is just what I like to see happen, not saying it will. Regardless of the players' names it's their abilities and what they could bring to the table for us that I'm focusing on. If you don't agree, which I'm sure that there will be plenty that won't, then feel free to replace any player that I suggest with one of your own preferences and explain why. I am trying to keep it reasonable salary cap wise but as many of you know that while we are cash and contract strapped there is ways that front offices are able to finagle these such obstacles.

First off I have mentioned in a previous post that I think that Cleveland could once again make a good trade partner for us while they are rebuilding their roster/franchise again. I'd like to see us trade off EJ Manuel and a low draft pick (6th rder?) For Josh McCown and WR Brian Hartline. We currently don't have a veteran presence at the QB position and McCown has proven to be a good teammate who is very willing to mentor young QBs. EJ on the otherhand hasn't proven, or should I say has proven, that he is not our future or back up QB. I am still scarred by that Jacksonville game. In addition I fully expect the Bills to draft a QB fairly early in this year's draft. While I like the small sample size that I have seen of Tyrod's abilities I'm still not comfortable or confident in him standing upright throughout the year. Bottom line McCown brings leadership, experience and insurance, the same cannot be said about EJ.

I suggest Hartline for some of those very reasons that I stated about McCown. I feel that he is at a great age and point of his career to more than adequately man the #2 WR position. I feel that Woods is better suited for the slot and be what some felt what Hogan would be able to do for us this year. I also would like to see us bring back Harvin but even if we do it's hard to rely on him. I will also readily admit that we may already have solutions on our roster with the likes of Salas, Hankerson, Boykin and Lewis but I don't know this.

Staying with the offense, because I feel that the draft will be more geared to addressing our defensive needs, adding/upgrading the TE position is something that would pay big dividends in a very quiet way. OC Greg Roman's offense is extensive but also is said to be dependent on the TEs. While improving our WRs is important so is the TEs, let's not take this lightly. TE Vernon Davis, agree with this or not, fills the requirements immensely for many obvious reasons. Not only has he actually has played for Roman and his scheme but had more than moderate success with it. He is also at the point of his career where he should be a very inexpensive contract that would be incentive laden. He has much to prove with very limited time and opportunity to do it. I admit that while either may not want each other, Roman and Davis, but striving for success can and will alter people's persceptions and criteria.

Last but not least would be another addition to the OL. In this case it is percieved that the right side of our line could stand upgrading. In this scenario I think that the best bang for the buck would be FA OL Geoff Schwartz could fill this bill. He is versatile at both G and T position and should also come in on a very reasonable contract with incentive tiers. Guard Jahri Evans would be my second suggestion but he is older and should be more expensive than Schwartz.

On the defensive side of the ball a situational pass rusher would be in order and who better than Dwight Freeney? He is much like Vernon Davis in that he is not a full time player at this point in his career and should be affordable. Collegiately he played regionally and here's hoping that that would be attractive to him. I would like to suggest a LB as well but there's not one that comes to mind so if anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

No matter what here's to the 2016 season and hopefully we are more successful than last year.

Go Bills!

Edited by Tipster19

I'd be fine with the Hartline and McCown trade, but somehow doesn't sound all that even from Cleveland's side.

As to the right side of the line, can't keep giving up on players after one season. Henderson played decent his rookie year, thought he even was rookie of the month in Sept or something. Last year I chalk the whole season up to his sickness. Granted it was only announced in late Nov, but I'd imagine he was having problems with weight lose fatigue back in September already as those things usually take months to determine the cause. Eventually it got to be too much for him to play through. Miller was a rookie started out decent, got nicked up and play dropped off by year end. But as often is the case with rookies, their bodies aren't yet use to a 16 game schedule, plus pre-season. So would also give him a year. If you want depth as a swing backup, I'm fine with that.

TE we have many on the roster, would rather see what Jack junior can do after a full season under his belt, but wouldn't be against bringing in a guy like Vernon either.

This is just what I like to see happen, not saying it will. Regardless of the players' names it's their abilities and what they could bring to the table for us that I'm focusing on. If you don't agree, which I'm sure that there will be plenty that won't, then feel free to replace any player that I suggest with one of your own preferences and explain why. I am trying to keep it reasonable salary cap wise but as many of you know that while we are cash and contract strapped there is ways that front offices are able to finagle these such obstacles.

First off I have mentioned in a previous post that I think that Cleveland could once again make a good trade partner for us while they are rebuilding their roster/franchise again. I'd like to see us trade off EJ Manuel and a low draft pick (6th rder?) For Josh McCown and WR Brian Hartline. We currently don't have a veteran presence at the QB position and McCown has proven to be a good teammate who is very willing to mentor young QBs. EJ on the otherhand hasn't proven, or should I say has proven, that he is not our future or back up QB. I am still scarred by that Jacksonville game. In addition I fully expect the Bills to draft a QB fairly early in this year's draft. While I like the small sample size that I have seen of Tyrod's abilities I'm still not comfortable or confident in him standing upright throughout the year. Bottom line McCown brings leadership, experience and insurance, the same cannot be said about EJ.

I suggest Hartline for some of those very reasons that I stated about McCown. I feel that he is at a great age and point of his career to more than adequately man the #2 WR position. I feel that Woods is better suited for the slot and be what some felt what Hogan would be able to do for us this year. I also would like to see us bring back Harvin but even if we do it's hard to rely on him. I will also readily admit that we may already have solutions on our roster with the likes of Salas, Hankerson, Boykin and Lewis but I don't know this.

Staying with the offense, because I feel that the draft will be more geared to addressing our defensive needs, adding/upgrading the TE position is something that would pay big dividends in a very quiet way. OC Greg Roman's offense is extensive but also is said to be dependent on the TEs. While improving our WRs is important so is the TEs, leg's not take this lightly. TE Vernon Davis, agree with this or not, fills the requirements immensely for many obvious reasons. Not only has he actually has played for Roman and his scheme but had more than moderate success with it. He is also at the point of his career where he should be a very inexpensive contract that would be incentive laden. He has much to prove with very limited time and opportunity to do it. I admit that while either may not want each other, Roman and Davis, but striving for success can and will alter people's persceptions and criteria.

Last but not least would be another addition to the OL. In this case it is percieved that the right side of our line could stand upgrading. In this scenario I think that the best bang for the buck would be FA OL Geoff Schwartz could fill this bill. He is versatile at both G and F position and should also come in on a very reasonable contract with incentive tiers. Guard Jahri Evans would bevmy second suggestion but he is older and should be more expensive than Schwartz.

On the defensive side of the ball a situational pass rusher would be in order and who better than Dwight Freeney? He is much like Vernon Davis in that he is not a full time player at this point in his career and should be affordable. Collegiately he played regionally and here's hoping that that would be attractive to him. I would like to suggest a LB as well but there's not one that comes to mind so if anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

No matter what here's to the 2016 season and hopefully we are more successful than last year.

Go Bills!

My absurd wish list from another reality

Into my time traveling hot tub:

Jim Schwartz hired as head coach

Roman hired as O coach

Shady and his budget busting contract stays in Philly

Fitzy comes back to Buffalo

Rex and the other Rex have an ESPN comedy show called Not Beautiful Losers

EJ isn't worth the paper the trade details would be written on. He will eventually be cut. You think EJ would be worth anything while someone like RG3 who has actually accomplished something in this league was tossed aside like yesterday's garbage?

Am I a fool for actually expecting a list? Eh, I'll read through it at work later I suppose :lol:

Tipster- bullet points are your friend. I'm sure you made good points. Will read later as well.

Your points are well taken. I titled it then wrote the post, should have been more accurate in the title. Thanks.