OT US soccer

It's going to be one helluva a battle between the soccer fans who say their sport will be king by 2020 and the scientists who say Americans will be too damn fat to do anything by 2020.

The sport of 2020: Golfcart soccer! Instead of running, you drive up to the ball, stick your leg out, and kick it.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad part is, on NFL sunday, what does ESPN go to after "Countdown"? Bowling.

What is on in the afternoon on NBC on Saturdays? Either Bull Riding or Figure Skating.

But, wait, soccer is TAKING OVER!!! Then why the hell do Bull Riding, Ice Skating, and Bowling get more National attention?

Come kick my tombstone when Soccer takes over. I'll roll over once for ya.

245239[/snapback]

Remember that marathon of greatest World Cup games on Classic? Yeah, me neither.

I think they showed the US women's WC win over China when Mia Garciaparra retired - I was really surprised they wasted the whole 100 minutes on it when the highlights would have fit into a commercial slot for a real sport, Texas Hold' em.

That's because every parent in America shoves their kid into a soccer league as soon as they can walk so they burn energy and fall asleep easier. Then those kids grow up to play real sports.

245240[/snapback]

I thought soccer became popular for kids because people decided that it was too hard on little Jonnie's self esteem if he struck out with the bases loaded. :o

During the World Cup, Sportscenter dedicates all of 11 seconds of its broadcast to soccer. During it's biggest event.

Sure, our kids like to play it. Why? Because it doesn't matter who you are, how much money you have, etc... you can play soccer. This is different for say, hockey or football, where you need tons of equipment.

Listen, soccer blows. We're not just making this up. It really sucks, hard.

245234[/snapback]

Funny you should say this, tomorrow at 2pm, me and about 11 of my friends are going to play a football game at UB's Old Stadium. Cost of play: ZERO DOLLARS. If the rest of the world wanted to play football, they could, but they don't.

How many of your 12,900+ enlightening post are rehashes of themselves? Soccer is something you will never understand. Since you can't understand it, it sucks. But as I mentioned before, I'd love to take you to a Liverpool - Manchaster United game. The game that you say sucks wouldn't suck anymore.

It's obvious the majority providing fodder in this thread are incapable of appreciating the artistic prowess of the worlds greatest tumblers.

Their judges even have an advanced color coded grading system with style points for grimicing.

That said, back in the day I loved seeing the Stallions when they played the Arrows and savoring the smouldering whiff of Yugoslavian.

Funny you should say this, tomorrow at 2pm, me and about 11 of my friends are going to play a football game at UB's Old Stadium. Cost of play: ZERO DOLLARS. If the rest of the world wanted to play football, they could, but they don't.

How many of your 12,900+ enlightening post are rehashes of themselves? Soccer is something you will never understand. Since you can't understand it, it sucks. But as I mentioned before, I'd love to take you to a Liverpool - Manchaster United game. The game that you say sucks wouldn't suck anymore.

245262[/snapback]

f-cktard, I'm talking about organized soccer. Playing little league soccer costs next to nothing. Shin guards, and ball (don't even need a ball, you can share).

Football (real football, not faggot grab ass like you and your buddies are playing tomoorw) whereas little kids have to buy HELMETS, PADS, etc, costs quite a bit more. Don't even get me started on hockey. Plus, you have to be a kid that isn't afraid to get hurt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in soccer, you can tackle someone if and only if it's from the side or front. So, if you can't see the guy coming and you get tackled, that's a penalty. Give me a break.

Listen, have fun playing grab ass with your buddies tommorrow. And since you've been here all of a day, I'd apprecite you not commenting on how I post. That's what Alaska Darin, VABills and the like are for.

Soccer blows.

Good Reads:

From US Dept. of State:

http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/a071103.htm

From UK Paper:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0...1270849,00.html

Wonder no longer. Soccer in the United States is booming. Though the older generation of Americans may remain clueless about this king of sports, younger Americans are flocking to it in numbers unimaginable only a few years ago. On schoolyards across the country, football fields and baseball diamonds now do double duty as soccer fields, or have been converted to soccer altogether. Youth soccer leagues that draw from the elementary and secondary schools around the country attracted more than three and a half million kids this year -- more than Little League baseball -- as well as more than a million adults in coaching, administrative, and other volunteer positions.

Look in your own backyards people. Buffalo is building huge soccer complexes everwhere. There are more soccer leagues & fields here than any other sport.

f-cktard, I'm talking about organized soccer. Playing little league soccer costs next to nothing. Shin guards, and ball (don't even need a ball, you can share).

Football (real football, not faggot grab ass like you and your buddies are playing tomoorw) whereas little kids have to buy HELMETS, PADS, etc, costs quite a bit more. Don't even get me started on hockey. Plus, you have to be a kid that isn't afraid to get hurt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it soccer, you can tackle someone if and only if it's from the side or front. So, if you can't see the guy coming and you get tackled, that's a penalty. Give me a break.

Listen, have fun playing grab ass with your buddies tommorrow. And since you've been here all of a day, I'd apprecite you not commenting on how I post. That's what Alaska Darin, VABills and the like are for.

Soccer blows.

245275[/snapback]

You forgot me putz, though I did like your post. :o

Good Reads:

From US Dept. of State:

From UK Paper:

Look in your own backyards people. Buffalo is building huge soccer complexes everwhere. There are more soccer leagues & fields here than any other sport.

245277[/snapback]

But the only problem with that idea is that soccer still sucks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in soccer, you can tackle someone if and only if it's from the side or front. So, if you can't see the guy coming and you get tackled, that's a penalty. Give me a break.

245275[/snapback]

You are wrong. If you hit the ball first you can tackle from behind.

I've been on this board for a long time. I am aware of your "board prestige". Congrats. Personally your post count means stevestojan to me.

Good Reads:

From US Dept. of State:

From UK Paper:

245277[/snapback]

Well gee, if Buffalo's doing it it must be a fantastic idea. After all, the area leads the nation in forward thinking. :o

And I'm sure backyard football's not gaining toe holds in other countries. Nah, not possible.

You are wrong. If you hit the ball first you can tackle from behind.

I've been on this board for a long time. I am aware of your "board prestige". Congrats. Personally your post count means stevestojan to me.

245285[/snapback]

Oh, so you just signed up for a new screen name. How incredibly sad.

And either way, hitting the ball first or not, it shouldn't be a foul. No wonder Americans hate it - it's a kitty sport.

Go away. NO ONE is going to listen to this sh-- about soccer. It sucks. It always has sucked, and I would bet good money that it always will suck.

Well gee, if Buffalo's doing it it must be a fantastic idea.  After all, the area leads the nation in forward thinking.  :o

245288[/snapback]

If anything, it's the only thing Buffalo's actually nothing falling behind on. Down south, soccer is a lot bigger than up north, for obvious weather reasons.

Alaska Darin, stick to your financial advice.