Falcons Ask Eli Apple if He Likes Men in Combine Interview

The question was clearly illegal. You simply can't ask about sexual orientation in a job interview, period. Nice to see so many enlightened, educated people here at TBD.

Depending on how it is looked at. It may not be illegal considering Georgia is trying to pass the "First Amendment Defense Act" which effectively would allow religious beliefs to supercede gay rights in the state. If the interviewer is considered to be operating under the assumption of that law, it may be not as illegal as it would elsewhere.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on how it is looked at. It may not be illegal considering Georgia is trying to pass the "First Amendment Defense Act" which effectively would allow religious beliefs to supercede gay rights in the state. If the interviewer is considered to be operating under the assumption of that law, it may be not as illegal as it would elsewhere.

When did the Scouting Combine move from Indianapolis, IN to Georgia?

Wow. 7 pages. This has got some people worked up.

In a job interview that is clearly a prohibited question. Now whether combine = interview, that's the q.

The Falcons should have asked in code, like:

Falcon: Eli, do you like movies about Gladiators

Eli: Surely you can't be serious.

Falcon: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

I hate to re-open this but the sentence in your link does not relate at all to the sentence in question. In the link horses are the subject that is plural and therefore the pluralised form of the verb is correct. Years is not and never can be the subject of the sentence in question.

• 3 weeks later...

Why did they have to apologize? Why was it inappropriate? All he asked was if he likes guys... The answer is a simple Yes/No.

maybe they showed him some selfies. of Geno Smith ?

Psych testing is a very very strange and i think dangerous animal.

Do you like animals?

@MatthewFairburn

Roger Goodell isn't going to discipline the Atlanta Falcons for asking a prospect whether he is gay at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Did they actually ask him if he was gay?

No i think not.

I like men. I like women .

now, who i want to frolic naked with is an entirely different matter is it not ?

Edited by 3rdand12