Official Jacksonville Jaguars thread..

SuperBills12

Ok, the game planning starts for Jacksonville this week. We know the Bills havn't unveiled most of their plays, but how do you guys think the bills will attack the Jaguars? They have a pretty solid front line, and I say we should run the ball, but also I think they might be expecting run, so maybe throw in some unexpected situations?

Anyway, it's nice to finally be able to talk about real games coming up

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!1

Jacksonville has a stout DL and they'll make it even tougher to run because they'll play 8-9 in the box against the Bills. They'll force Bledsoe to make some plays. Hopefully he can hit Moulds, Reed or Evans early on a big one and then the team can just settle down and run the ball!

IMO, Offensivly, we will pound the ball and try to establish the running game. Jacksonville will shut it down but, we will stay honest. Then we will start calling the PA passes and go with the deep routes to Evans or Moulds to expose the not so great Jacksonville corners.

Bledsoe SHOULD have plenty of time to throw this game, knowing how piss poor Jacksonville's pass rush is. Jennings and Williams should look dominate in this game, this is a big test for the interior line going against the likes of John Henderson, and Marcus Stroud. Lets see how Villarrial, Teague, and Smith respond to the task.

Prediction:

13-10 Bills.

18462[/snapback]

I like your thinking. I'm predicting a 17-13 win. We'll make our mistakes. They'll make theirs. The Bills will make a couple more big plays than the Jags. I believe the OL will slowly get better as the season moves forward.

I respect every single opponent on the schedule. Taking it a week at a time.

I think Mularkey will come out throwing short, high-percentage passes and move the ball through the air. I know this goes against what the coaches have been saying and what we have been doing in the preseason, but that's my hunch. If we're successful, that should open up things for Travis and Willis.

I think it will be alot like last years game.  Bills 35 - Jags 21

18473[/snapback]

Agreed...but I also believe it will have a little touch of the NE Home Opener last year...

Meaning I think a few bad things will happen to the Jags because the Crowd will be Jacked up, and lets not forget they have a Young QB.

I've always subscribed to the Mel Kiper theory on Opening Day which basically says no single week is more unpredictable than Week #1. Weird things happen in Week #1. In this case I think the Bills come out and, like last Season, play a bit over their heads in thumping the Jags...

But who the heck really knows...

Bills - 31 Jags - 10

Evans won't be ready until next year or the following. I don't see him having much of an impact this year at all. The coaches didn't use him much in preseason.

Reed will be our number 2 again. I just pray he has a breakout year like Price did.

Reed will be our number 2 again. I just pray he has a breakout year like Price did. 

He will, if moulds regains his status as a feared WR and if evans can make a catch here or there on the other side of the ball. Reed in the slot, with EM and LE playing decent, would be deadly.

If you had 2 marquee running backs and 1 decent QB, plus an OL that can run block but has trouble pass blocking, what would you do offensively?

Our identity will be as a running team but opponents will defense us that way by putting 9 men in the box. We will have to take some shots downfield to loosen up the D.

Week 1: Bills win 24-20

I think Mularkey will come out throwing short, high-percentage passes and move the ball through the air. I know this goes against what the coaches have been saying and what we have been doing in the preseason, but that's my hunch. If we're successful, that should open up things for Travis and Willis.

18577[/snapback]

I agree with you. I think MM looked at what made Drew so Succesful in the past and try to repeat it. I remember Drew killing us when he would throw to Ben Coates. That little dump pass to the tight end used to drive me crazy. I predict we will have break out numbers for our TE's this season, and subpar numbers from Moulds and Price. Evans will be strictly a decoy. After we wear out the dump pass to the TE, then we will go deep and burn the Safeties....

I predict that Gildon will have 3 sacks, McKenzie will have at least 2 sacks, Stephenson will recover 2 ST fumbles. Ken Simonton will have 100+ yards rushing and Sullivan will emerge as a driven tackle, and Haddad will have a long TD reception.

Ooooops, they're all cut. Goes to show you how much I know. lol