Man this is friggin' exciting!!

stevestojan

Seriously, how exciting is this? Yes, it was exciting when Drew got here, but we have arguably both a top 5 defense and a top 5 ST. We have one of the best running backs in all of football, and we have Moulds, Evans, and Reed. If Losman is half as good as he is supposed to be, anything is possible.

I think I picked a good one for my first year of getting season tickets..

Now, If i could just find a #7 Tulane Jersey (I've searched EVERYWHERE - nothin) I'd be set.

How many days till kickoff?

THANK YOU. Seriously, I googled for like an hour... thanks!

:devil:

The reason i wanna go Tulane and not Bills is because everyone who sees the front of my jersey will think im a Flutie fan for a couple years (until JP makes the probowl a couple times)...

Seriously, how exciting is this? Yes, it was exciting when Drew got here, but we have arguably both a top 5 defense and a top 5 ST. We have one of the best running backs in all of football, and we have Moulds, Evans, and Reed. If Losman is half as good as he is supposed to be, anything is possible.

Now, If i could just find a #7 Tulane Jersey (I've searched EVERYWHERE - nothin) I'd be set.

244074[/snapback]

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I'm (pleasantly) surprised to see a post like this from you. I know you're a Bills fan, but I've always looked at you more as the comic relief than the die hard Bills guy. That being said, I couldn't agree more. I think if those folks who are still reeling over the DB news can just take a deep breath, they'll see that there really isn't much MORE exciting than a new, talented guy taking over at QB for your favorite team.

Like everyone else, I think Drew is a great guy (though I honestly don't see how he can say "I never saw this coming"), and I wish him well. I just can't remember a game I've seen him play in where it truly seemed like he was 'the man'......I never saw him get fired up and take that field general role like so many great QBs do. JP brings to the team that fiery, cocky, borderline arrogance that has been missing since Flutie left. Of course, the attitude means nothing if the leadership, talent, and ultimately SUCCESS don't come along with the package.

There is, and always will be, only one Jim Kelly. But JP is a whole helluva lot more like JK than he is DB. WNY needs a tough, resilient, gunslinger type of QB......and I think there is a chance JP could represent just that.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I'm (pleasantly) surprised to see a post like this from you. I know you're a Bills fan, but I've always looked at you more as the comic relief than the die hard Bills guy. That being said, I couldn't agree more. I think if those folks who are still reeling over the DB news can just take a deep breath, they'll see that there really isn't much MORE exciting than a new, talented guy taking over at QB for your favorite team.

Like everyone else, I think Drew is a great guy (though I honestly don't see how he can say "I never saw this coming"), and I wish him well. I just can't remember a game I've seen him play in where it truly seemed like he was 'the man'......I never saw him get fired up and take that field general role like so many great QBs do. JP brings to the team that fiery, cocky, borderline arrogance that has been missing since Flutie left. Of course, the attitude means nothing if the leadership, talent, and ultimately SUCCESS don't come along with the package.

There is, and always will be, only one Jim Kelly. But JP is a whole helluva lot more like JK than he is DB. WNY needs a tough, resilient, gunslinger type of QB......and I think there is a chance JP could represent just that.

244305[/snapback]

OK, I won't argue your Drew assessment. But what can you base the JP part on? The guy was rookie, comes in, gets hurt, misses half the season, threw 5 passes, admits he wasn't ready for a game, and generally panicked and ran with the ball. Lets give him some time to prove something before you throw all these superlatives on him and compare him to Kelly

244074[/snapback]

It's exciting, but I thought the same thing before the 2003 season when I got my season tickets. Two years later the Bills are 15-17 and didn't go to the playoffs once. I'd like to see J.P produce something before I get "excited".

It's exciting, but I thought the same thing before the 2003 season when I got my season tickets.  Two years later the Bills are 15-17 and didn't go to the playoffs once.  I'd like to see J.P produce something before I get "excited".

244317[/snapback]

EXACTLY!

I split my seasons last year, and was going to do the same this year. But now not having spent the $$$ I usually spend to go to 4-6 Sabre games, no reason to split. Thanks Goodenow :devil: I don't give Bettman near the same amount of blame <_<

244074[/snapback]

Dude, your avitar is killing me. :devil:<_<<_<

OK, I won't argue your Drew assessment.  But what can you base the JP part on?  The guy was rookie, comes in, gets hurt, misses half the season, threw 5 passes, admits he wasn't ready for a game, and generally panicked and ran with the ball.  Lets give him some time to prove something before you throw all these superlatives on him and compare him to Kelly

244315[/snapback]

JP has already shown the qualities I'm attributing to him.....if you read my post, you'll see that I indicate the big "IF" is success. I even put it in caps so that it wouldn't be missed. If you have read anything about JPs past, or his interviews prior to and since the draft, or what scouts and former coaches have said about him, it's clear that the kid has a chip on his shoulder. He's shown leadership and heart, and now he's bringing that to the Bills. But if that does not translate into wins, none of it matters.

As far as Jim Kelly, if you go back and read some of my former posts you'd see that I don't put anyone in the same category as Jimbo. My point was that JP gets us back to the TYPE of QB that better suits WNY (in my opinion), and that he was more like Kelly than Bledsoe.

Those of you who keep using JPs mop up duty last year to mean ANYTHING are clueless. But like you said, we'll see what happens on the field now that he's been given the reigns.

I hate to piss in everyon'e cornflakes... but we've all been jacked up each of the last 4 years on the bills before the season began... only to get it shoved up our collective asses.

best case scenario for this team is that it's gonna go 9-7 again and miss the playoffs. In fact, I have bad dreams about the Dolphins and Jets finishing at least as good or better than the Bills.

The Bills beat NO ONE this season, except for the Jets. And even though the Bills rolled over sh------- teams by a wide margin, that doesn't mean sh--. When the Bills had to play a good team and win... they didn't... and that's the bottom line.

Watching the defense get manhandled by the Steelers at home in a must win just showed me that this defense is not as good as we think... and a team that has patience with their running game will breakthrough against the bills eventually. With pat williams not a sure thing to be back... if the bills don't bring in a high calibre DT to offset this deparature, they're in huge trouble becasue Sam Adams is totally ineffective without a damn good DT next to him... and that has been well documented. None of the Bills DTs on the current roster are good enough to play even close to Pat Williams level. And all three DEs are average at best... and I don't know how much better they can get. Free safety with Troy Vincent there is a real problem... he's more concerend about the players union and making sure that players are happy... No way is he going to lay the wood to a receiver coming across the middle... he's going to make sure they're nice and comfy and get back up after a mild tackle. Milloy's selfishness, once thought to be bull sh--, is now fact. So, the Bills are not as fortified at safety as many of us may think.

I drank my last cup of Donahoe piss koolaid in 2003.... and I ain't drinking any more. Donahoe is this team's biggest problem when it comes to not winning. As far as the maketing end of things and selling tickets.... well Doanhoe has no peers... he is simply the best.... if you don't believe it just look at his record over the past 4 years and name me one team that's had a similar receord (except for the Skins... which doesn't matter to those fans) and i'll guarantee their attendance or revenue ain't even close to what the bills has been. He's always been able to bring in a name player to get the fans jacked up... and with cutting bledsoe and re-structuring moulds to clear cap space, he's about to sign a big name again.... adn agiain, I'm afraid the results will be the same.... no playoffs.

I just got season tickets for this season too.  Its gonna be sweet.

244340[/snapback]

well, i woul have had them earlier, but i couldn't afford them till after college. And as soon as i graduated i moved down here to fla... i can't wait till this season.