Clayton Ranks All Previous Super Bowls. Guess what's #1?

It could be that factors other than just the game played on the field were considered. The cloud hanging over the event with the ongoing news of the emerging gulf war and magnified patriotism in America surrounding the spectacle may have factored into the ranking. The emotion felt before and during that game probably played into it.

I would have put the Giants over the Pats higher as #2. My reasoning is no one, and i mean no one gave the Giants a chance against the undefeated Pats. Remember that year how many teams and fans were whining as the Pats were winning games by over 40 points.

That was so impressive. The second that should have been somewhat higher was the significance of the Chiefs win in SB4. Why? Because NFL purists, analysts, etc. all stated the NFL was far far superior to the AFL. The Jets won in a huge upset, but when the Chiefs won the next year, the country started to realize the talent in the AFC.

From there the AFC dominated the 70's between the Steelers, Dolphins, and Raiders. It wasn't until the second half of the 80's that the NFC became the dominant conference until the late 90's. From then on, it was a balanced SB each year.

I like it more now as neither side is really better than the other.

I would have put the Giants over the Pats higher as #2. My reasoning is no one, and i mean no one gave the Giants a chance against the undefeated Pats. Remember that year how many teams and fans were whining as the Pats were winning games by over 40 points.

That was so impressive. The second that should have been somewhat higher was the significance of the Chiefs win in SB4. Why? Because NFL purists, analysts, etc. all stated the NFL was far far superior to the AFL. The Jets won in a huge upset, but when the Chiefs won the next year, the country started to realize the talent in the AFC.

From there the AFC dominated the 70's between the Steelers, Dolphins, and Raiders. It wasn't until the second half of the 80's that the NFC became the dominant conference until the late 90's. From then on, it was a balanced SB each year.

Yeah that was def #1 or #2 for me. great game. super underdawgs beating the undefeated onslaught who were eventually exposed as 2 time cheaters during their whole run....thats a whole lot to overcome. great game to watch too. Eli was so clutch.

Cowboys won a Couple SB's in the 70's -and lost one to the Colts, who 2 years earlier were beaten by the Jets as an NFL team. I loved SBIV too. As the final AFL/NFL SB, KC's convincing win ended all speculation which League was better. Ans: Neither.

Not sure how anyone could rate XXV as #1. The Bills choked away the win. The 3rd and 1 dropped pass by Andre, the 3rd and 13 when Mark Ingram broke 7 tackles, the poor clock management on the final drive, etc. Yeah, so Norwood missed the winning field goal on the next to last play. The Giants win over the Cheats is my #1, with the helmet catch.

Not sure how anyone could rate XXV as #1. The Bills choked away the win. The 3rd and 1 dropped pass by Andre, the 3rd and 13 when Mark Ingram broke 7 tackles, the poor clock management on the final drive, etc. Yeah, so Norwood missed the winning field goal on the next to last play. The Giants win over the Cheats is my #1, with the helmet catch.

Well, perhaps as far as the game goes others may have had better outcomes, but as a whole I think you could make a very compelling case.

The Whitney Houston national anthem might be the most famous national anthem of all time and still gives you chills if you go back and listen to it. Couple this with the fact the Gulf war had just broke out and the aerial fly over by the F-15's and the crowd going absolutely crazy waving American flags, and I think it's near impossible to get a more memorable non-game related part of the Super Bowl. Add to this a very close game with high drama at the end, the most famous missed kick of all time, and what was considered a huge upset, and it's not hard to see why it was chosen.

To be honest, the Bills if they would have prepared properly and not treated the whole week as a party, would have won by 2+ TDs against a team with a backup QB playing. There is no questioning they were the superior team on talent in the game. If they played the game 10 times, the Bills would have won in a blowout 6 times, a close game 3 times and the Giants would win in a close game once. Unfortunately that one time happened to be the time they actually played the game.

Edited by matter2003

Well, perhaps as far as the game goes others may have had better outcomes, but as a whole I think you could make a very compelling case.

The Whitney Houston national anthem might be the most famous national anthem of all time and still gives you chills if you go back and listen to it. Couple this with the fact the Gulf war had just broke out and the aerial fly over by the F-15's and the crowd going absolutely crazy waving American flags, and I think it's near impossible to get a more memorable non-game related part of the Super Bowl. Add to this a very close game with high drama at the end, the most famous missed kick of all time, and what was considered a huge upset, and it's not hard to see why it was chosen.

To be honest, the Bills if they would have prepared properly and not treated the whole week as a party, would have won by 2+ TDs against a team with a backup QB playing. There is no questioning they were the superior team on talent in the game. If they played the game 10 times, the Bills would have won in a blowout 6 times, a close game 3 times and the Giants would win in a close game once. Unfortunately that one time happened to be the time they actually played the game.

No argument on the Whitney Houston National Anthem, the best rendition ever.

The Buffalo Bills were cheated out of winning Super Bowl XXV. Cheated by the NFL Watch the video and you will see with your own two eyes.

The game official called for a review of McKeller's catch - a catch was was 100% obvious. That review gave the Giants defense a "little breather" as Frank Gifford called. Enough of a "little breather" to keep Scott Norwood out of FG range.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184748-25-years-ago-today-the-bills-were-robbed-of-sb-xxv/