1. 1. Who Wins Super Bowl 50?

• Panthers and the New School Cam
    • Broncos and the Old Mann-ing

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisWesseling

Had our video team compile Cam’s rushing TDs to show why he’s the greatest short-yardage force in football history http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000629824/Cam-Newton-s-rushing-touchdowns-of-2015

The Broncos' passing game has struggled this postseason. Luke Kuechly's been on a roll. This stat perfectly captures the difference in their performances.

How did they conclude that from compiling a highlights film?

That kind of absurd hype is reason enough to root against Carolina.

bingo. and just imagine living here.

the stuff i see on facebook - - biakabutuka jersey posted in a popularly shared post celebrating the greats of the panthers past. i asked friends what his first name was or his position. they didn't know.

average fans here who call themselves die hard cannot name 5 players.

the media here have been running articles about newton being the best qb in the league, about newton being the the best offensive weapon of the last 10 years, 20 years, this generation ... etc

the hype of the media, the fans and the atmosphere are ridiculous. this is akin to the seahawks and patriots

Meh, team not responsible for stupid journalism or fan hype

...it's what did in the cowboys...

More on Panthers schedule.

You don't lose your best WR (by far) in preseason and suddenly become a dramatically better team. So what's the dominant factor behind the improved record?

In 2014 when they went 7-8-1, they played 2 strong divisions: AFC and NFC North. Those 2 divisions sent 5 teams to the playoffs. The relatively weak divisions they played this year sent the minimum 1 each....Texans and redskins. Both of whom proven to not be worthy after beung unceremoniously throttled at home in the wild card round.

Edited by truth on hold

More on Panthers schedule.

You don't lose your best WR (by far) in preseason and suddenly become a dramatically better team. So what's the dominant factor behind the improved record?

In 2014 when they went 7-8-1, they played 2 strong divisions: AFC and NFC North. Those 2 divisions sent 5 teams to the playoffs. The relatively weak divisions they played this year sent the minimum 1 each....Texans and redskins. Both of whom were unceremoniously dumped at home in the wild card round.

their OL is by far improved. perhaps a bottom of the barrel to cream of the cup improvement.

their running game began working - they fed the backs and did not ditch the run.

ginn got better enough.

they played a much better scheme with zones that fit their personnel much better, which is frustrating because it makes norman look better than he is. but he's good.

and newton was able to make less attempts and create less mistakes.

the biggest difference, though, was the line.

...what i am saying is they are better than last year. they haven't got this far by accident. but i would take the afc teams in the playoffs this years sans the texans, against the nfc field.

Edited by Boyst62

their OL is by far improved. perhaps a bottom of the barrel to cream of the cup improvement.

their running game began working - they fed the backs and did not ditch the run.

ginn got better enough.

they played a much better scheme with zones that fit their personnel much better, which is frustrating because it makes norman look better than he is. but he's good.

...what i am saying is they are better than last year. they haven't got this far by accident. but i would take the afc teams in the playoffs this years sans the texans, against the nfc field.

Carolina or Seattle would beat any of the AFC playoff teams in the Super Bowl IMO. I would have said Arizona too before I saw Carson Palmer crap all over himself in the playoffs.

Carolina or Seattle would beat any of the AFC playoff teams in the Super Bowl IMO. I would have said Arizona too before I saw Carson Palmer crap all over himself in the playoffs.

i am having trouble getting over the cardinals loss and palmers shitfest all over himself.

can they really be that flawed and weak? could the panthers be that good? i'd think a little of both but also think it was just a really bad game and the effects of any given sunday.

the cardinals were a solid team until that point and like i told a friend at work - every team is remembered by the game they played last.

seattle showed flaws in their team by not being able to run. i think the chiefs could have matched up well enough against them, managing the clock and creating turnovers etc. the patriots, also, could have done well against the 'hawks - as they game plan well against offenses and had a decent enough defense.

i still don't know what to make of denver. i have them winning it all in my bracket and other than the redskins/packers i ahve been on point. but i feel about like the broncos at this point as i did about the cards. but the broncos are better than the cards...so, i just don't know. right now i'd put money on carolina before denver but still comfortable with denver.

Random - I was at the high school today of Tom Crabtree (TE on Green Bay when they won the SB) and they had a gold football displayed in a case with his name, team, date they won the SB. Apparently the NFL sent a gold football to the HS of every player who had won the SB in the 50 years. Pretty cool.

ginn got better enough.

Our OL was much improved this year and our record got worse.

Carolina has lived off of the other team making dumb mistakes and falling very quickly into a 14-0 hole.

If Denver can just play careful and not be out of the game by the 2nd quarter like Seattle and Arizona they have a very good shot.

Carolina has looked amazing, but part of that is that their playoff opponents made several critical errors very early on in those games that pretty much got them beat by halftime.

From the Manning Faces to his Super Bowl win to his countless records, here's everything you need to know about Peyton Manning ahead of Super Bowl 50.

Is Cam Newton greatest dual-threat QB in history?
Fran Tarkenton, Randall Cunningham and Steve Young were mobile quarterbacks, but none of them had Cam's size and power. Chris Wesseling breaks down the top dual-threat QBs of all time.