Spring Summer Music Festivals

GG

Great lineup. Though I love live shows and pretty much listen to live music exclusively the thought of sitting for four days on a hillside potentially in the rain doesn't thrill me. I'd consider Thursday with UM headlining but even that is a bit much.

BTW I'm very close to getting Row 1 tickets for Umphrey's at Red Rocks the Fourth of July. Now THAT thrills me. :thumbsup:

Great lineup. Though I love live shows and pretty much listen to live music exclusively the thought of sitting for four days on a hillside potentially in the rain doesn't thrill me. I'd consider Thursday with UM headlining but even that is a bit much.

BTW I'm very close to getting Row 1 tickets for Umphrey's at Red Rocks the Fourth of July. Now THAT thrills me. :thumbsup:

Nah, you get numb to the rain after a while.

i love festival season...when i win tonight, i am gonna get me a hippy vw bus, and do the festival circuit

amazing lineup. I just checked out floydfest and merlefest and this beats them both by a lot. looks to be one of the best festivals of the year.

Hipsters and Hippies ? No thanks.

Music is dead.

i'm not into the camping part of these. we've done them as single days. but live music is alive and well and these festivals are nurturing it. the big bands like avetts get big paydays at these things and they should. it's tough to make it in music and if you do, you deserve to get paid.

to anyone that goes, check out donna the buffalo if you have never seen them. looks like they'll be at several fests this summer.

Hipsters and Hippies ? No thanks.

Music is dead.

Far from it and these types of festivals prove that.

Not the hippies and hipsters part. You were spot on with those. :lol:

Nah, you get numb to the rain after a while.

Ummm. California dude here. We don't know how to deal with rain.

i love festival season...when i win tonight, i am gonna get me a hippy vw bus, and do the festival circuit

No hippy van. As your advisor I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top. And you'll need the cocaine. Tape recorder for special music. Acapulco shirts. Also I advise you to drive at top speed, it'll be a god damn miracle if we can get there before you turn into a wild animal. I also advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit. You won't need much, just a tiny taste.

Especially, Mountain Jam. Ideal mix of Woodstock & Brooklyn.

Yup. Last year, or the year before, I streamed it. Great way to go.

Would love to see Beck and Chris Robinson.

I'm not a big enough fan of enough of the acts to justify that kind of time/money commitment, though. Although, I'm sure it would be an absolute blast.

Would love to see Beck and Chris Robinson.

I'm not a big enough fan of enough of the acts to justify that kind of time/money commitment, though. Although, I'm sure it would be an absolute blast.

since you mentioned cost, I'm compelled to again link to the mother of all values for festivals. http://countdowntobristolrhythm.com/ doesn't happen til sept but a weekend pass is $50 til Jan 31. I think it goes up $5 every few months after that. only 12 acts announced so far but there will be over 100. and while there are hippies and hipsters (especially from Asheville) there's plenty of everyday, hardworking regular folks.

edit: oops. $50 was til dec 31. price is now $60 for a weekend pass (fri,sat,sunday)

Edited by birdog1960

since you mentioned cost, I'm compelled to again link to the mother of all values for festivals. http://countdowntobristolrhythm.com/ doesn't happen til sept but a weekend pass is $50 til Jan 31. I think it goes up $5 every few months after that. only 12 acts announced so far but there will be over 100. and while there are hippies and hipsters (especially from Asheville) there's plenty of everyday, hardworking regular folks.

edit: oops. $50 was til dec 31. price is now $60 for a weekend pass (fri,sat,sunday)

I didn't see that! I only saw the $185 flavor. $60 is a steal.

http://merlefest.org/

for the win.

especially because they haven't got the big acts yet.

steep canyon rangers are arguably the best bluegrass band in the world. steve martin and the grammy's think so. i agree. i'd go just to see them but if you're not camping, you're driving at least an hour. there's not much around there and close hotels are booked years in advance. but merlefest is on my bucket list even if i have to camp.

Edited by birdog1960

steep canyon rangers are arguably the best bluegrass band in the world. steve martin and the grammy's think so. i agree. i'd go just to see them but if you're not camping, you're driving at least an hour. there's not much around there and close hotels are booked years in advance. but merlefest is on my bucket list even if i have to camp.

i live an hour away. they had one of the best lineups about 4-5 years ago that i did not attend. willie stopped by. he's on my bucket list.

the dixie chicks are coming to greensboro and i will likely see them. i regret not going to see garth.

i live an hour away. they had one of the best lineups about 4-5 years ago that i did not attend. willie stopped by. he's on my bucket list.

the dixie chicks are coming to greensboro and i will likely see them. i regret not going to see garth.

wow. i'll drive to greensboro for that. thanks!

wow. i'll drive to greensboro for that. thanks!

i just checked, as i normally do, didn't even notice, willie is going to be in charlotte at the fillmore, a standing room only venue which i have heard is amazing.

$212/ticket. is that worth it?! it has to be.

Edit: Sorry, The Dixie Chicks are only Raleigh and Charlotte. I swore I saw them at the Coliseum. That's the second largest building in the country for concerts, wtf.

Wherever Bristow, VA is they'll be there, that maybe closer to you.

Edited by Boyst62

how many bands/acts can you say lose nothing when you remove someone like Steve Martin from the equation?