SO

BillsNYC

What do we know about JP? I feel like I barely know anything about him. I know he's from California, lived with his mother? Is he Puerto Riccan? Is he Catholic (Buffalonians love the Irish Catholic Jim Kelly)? Does he have brothers/sisters?

Being the Bills starting QB is like being the mayor, he represents the city.

What do we know about JP? I feel like I barely know anything about him. I know he's from California, lived with his mother? Is he Puerto Riccan? Is he Catholic (Buffalonians love the Irish Catholic Jim Kelly)? Does he have brothers/sisters?

243437[/snapback]

My dad is pissed about the whole thing. (He is a die hard Bledsoe supporter). Anyway, he said JP sounds like Michael Jackson, and looks like a "rapper" (said he saw an interview where he had a wool cap pulled way down over his head). I don't know, those are the tidbits i get from my old man.

This is a good little link to some stuff on our new starting QB.

http://tulanegreenwave.collegesports.com/s...man_j.p.00.html

2003: One of seven Finalists for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award. Completed 251-of-422 passes for 3,077 yards with 33 TDs and 14 INTs, one of the top three seasons in TU history. Only QB in C-USA to surpass the 3,000-yard mark in passing (3,077) and total offense (3,157) this year. His 33 TD passes are second-highest TU single season total and are tied for 3rd in the country (through Nov. 24). Threw at least one TD pass in every game this year; nine games with more than one and seven with three or more. Recorded four straight 300-yard passing games to start the season. Brought Tulane back from a 28-14 deficit versus Miss. St. and finished with 349 yards, four TDs on 29-of-47 passing.

2002: With 230 completions in 401 attempts for 2,468 yards and 19 TDs, posted one of the top passing and total offense seasons in school history. Finished his first season as a starter with a victory in the Hawaii Bowl where he completed 20-of-39 passes for 240 yards, rushed for a pair of touchdowns and a two-point conversion and threw for another PAT. Completed 58% of his passes on the year and threw touchdown passes of 64 (vs. Southern Miss), 54 (vs. Navy), 43 (vs. ULM) and 44 (vs. Southern) yards. Finished the year with six rushing TDs. Threw 13 TD passes with just two interceptions and two 300-yard games during Tulane's four-game winning streak. Gained more rushing yards (236) than anyone on the team except Mewelde Moore. Ranked fourth in Conference USA in passing efficiency and total offense. Hit Nick Narcisse with a season and career long 64-yard touchdown pass to seal the win over Southern Miss (11/23). Earned C-USA Co-Offensive Player of the Week honors after tying a TU school record with five TD passes while completing 25-of-35 passes for 329 yards versus Navy (10/26). Rushed for a score versus Army (11/16) while completing 24-of-40 passes. Had a pair of 300-yard passing games, versus Navy and UL-Monroe (10/5), when he completed 21-of-35 passes. Threw four touchdown passes at ULM. Completed 31-of-48 passes (both career highs) for 236 yards versus East Carolina (9/14) to record the ninth-most completions in Tulane history.

2001: Played in three games as the backup to NFL Draftee Patrick Ramsey. Made his only start of the year against Army (10/27) with Ramsey injured, tallying three touchdowns and 384 yards on 25-of-39 passing. Also had a three-yard touchdown jaunt. His 384 passing yards is the eighth-best single-game total in school history, bettered by just three quarterbacks all-time. Played late in the East Carolina game (9/8), connecting on three-of-four passes, including a 50-yard touchdown strike to Roydell Williams. Suffered a knee injury in practice during Tulane's open week in September and missed the next two weeks of practice until returning to play against Army.

2000: Saw action in 10 games, completing 58-of-115 passes for 722 yards. Also rushed 59 times for 133 yards, third on the team. Was selected as the top freshman quarterback in Conference USA. Made his first career start against East Carolina (9/16), completing 20-of-35 passes for 299 yards and a pair of touchdowns. Ran for a pair of touchdowns in the win over Louisiana-Lafayette (10/7). Ran for a career-best 82 yards in the Army game (10/21). For much of the season, played several series per game, offering an alternate style to that of Patrick Ramsey.

1999: Redshirted due to NCAA transfer regulations, but did not lose a year of eligibility. Graduated early from high school and spent the Spring 1999 semester at UCLA before opting for Tulane.

HIGH SCHOOL: A 1999 graduate of Venice High School in Venice, Calif., where he lettered for three years in football. Earned Parade All-America honors and was rated the No. 3 quarterback in the nation by PrepStar Magazine. Also a member of the Dallas Morning News National 100.

PERSONAL: Jonathan Paul Losman. Born March 12, 1981. The son of Greg and Tricia Losman. Majoring in classical studies with a minor in media arts. Selected to the Commissioner's Honor Roll for the Fall of 2001.

PERSONAL: Jonathan Paul Losman. Born March 12, 1981. The son of Greg and Tricia Losman. Majoring in classical studies with a minor in media arts. Selected to the Commissioner's Honor Roll for the Fall of 2001.

243526[/snapback]

Damnit...i guess I have to stop calling him "kid". He's 7 months older than me.

Hate to post one of those friend of a friend story but this is what I was told:

My very good friend Tom has a cousin, Paul, he was going to Tulane for his Masters in Physical Therapy. Was involved with the football team and said that JP wasn't a "bright kid" but if he learns the playbook he'll be fine.

I'll try to get more info when he has a chat with his cousin.

My 2 cents.

Hate to post one of those friend of a friend story but this is what I was told:

My very good friend Tom has a cousin, Paul, he was going to Tulane for his Masters in Physical Therapy.  Was involved with the football team and said that JP wasn't a "bright kid" but if he learns the playbook he'll be fine.

I'll try to get more info when he has a chat with his cousin.

My 2 cents.

243850[/snapback]

Well...

I know football players can get some help from teachers, but the honor roll is pretty good.

My concern would be that we end up with a young guy like Johnson that doesn't want to be in a place like Buffalo and never integrates into the community. He ends up living in a hotel and the only reason he is there is to get directions to get away from there. Every chance he gets, he runs back to California and bad mouths his situation.

Bledsoe for all his faults, was at least the kind of guy that fit right into Buffalo.

Well...

I know football players can get some help from teachers, but the honor roll is pretty good.

243859[/snapback]

BFD. Harvard and Stanford gave out no less than a B for years. The high schools around me use a quota - 25% or more WILL be on the honor roll, and recently they have decided that one valedictorian hurts the other little darling's feelings, so now they drip with them.

243437[/snapback]

He's half Mexican (Soto), attended catholic grammer school, one sister, bright kid (honors classes) + he won't hesitate to kick your a$$