Putting context to Sammys last several games

jletha

attachicon.gifCX5RQjYWMAEmsmh.jpg large.jpgattachicon.gifCX5ReANWYAAvmwl.jpg large.jpg

Read them from bottom to top. He really had a great end of the season

He did and he is really emerging.

In a way, I think the other receivers being so awful in the second half of the year forced Tyrod to fous his attention on Sammy......even though the read was telling him otherwise.

He did and he is really emerging.

In a way, I think the other receivers being so awful in the second half of the year forced Tyrod to fous his attention on Sammy......even though the read was telling him otherwise.

That is exactly what happened. What should have happened, however, was that because Sammy is such an elite player, it was incumbent upon Taylor, and Roman, and even Rex, to get the ball Sammy's way more times regardless of the right read. That is a terrible strategy when you have a player of Sammy's caliber.

That is exactly what happened. What should have happened, however, was that because Sammy is such an elite player, it was incumbent upon Taylor, and Roman, and even Rex, to get the ball Sammy's way more times regardless of the right read. That is a terrible strategy when you have a player of Sammy's caliber.

I agree and it's common sense.

But I wonder if the fact that both Roman and Tyrod have never had an elite receiver on their NFL teams was part of the reason.

I'm sure in Baltimore and SF you threw to the open man.........and championship type success followed.....so perhaps they felt they had a reason to resist.