Season side note: Why didn't we go after Brandon Marshall?

It's not just hindsight for what Harvin didn't do this year, or what Brandon is doing now, but rather I thought he was a good receiver that could have been had for cheap (trade wise) and a reasonable contract.

Right now he is almost 9 million per, for the Jets. I think the Bills could have done better, contract wise.

Regardless of what other things you think might have gone wrong with this season, losing what Harvin brought to the table that early into the season hurt.

What do you think the Bills would have been like with Marshall the last 10 games?

Either one can help this team a ton. B Marshall bringing in passes woods didn't surely would help a ton.

Idt this offense would be different enough with another receiver to change how many games we've won. Sure, we might have scored a few more touchdowns and he is a tremendous player.

However, Defense was the problem and the main fall of the bills this season

Unless you're talking about Denver's Brandon Marshall, I don't thinking having the Jet's Brandon Marshall could have changed the outcome of the season.

Fitz was ideal for Marshall. Fitz slings it down field and gives his receivers lots of chances to make plays.

TT, especially in this offense, would have been terrible for Marshall. He would have had numbers like Woods.

Not sure I agree with that. A tall strong fighting WR2 would make a huge difference, especially during 2 minute drills, clutch 3rd downs, Red Zone... Woods is okay but he's not close to Marshall.

IIRC, the Bills did make a pass toward Marshall but not strong enough, especially after Harvin came into the picture.

Not sure I agree with that. A tall strong fighting WR2 would make a huge difference, especially during 2 minute drills, clutch 3rd downs, Red Zone... Woods is okay but he's not close to Marshall.

IIRC, the Bills did make a pass toward Marshall but not strong enough, especially after Harvin came into the picture.

Which games would this have resulted in a win instead of a loss?

Not arguing what he brings, but just stating idt it would have had a tremendous impact on outcome

Edited by AlwaysBilleve

Which games would this have resulted in a win instead of a loss?

Not arguing what he brings, but just stating idt it would have had a tremendous impact on outcome

Second Patriots game comes to mind, but there were a number of games this year where we had the opportunity to steal a win, with the ball back with ~2 minutes left, and the offense stalled out. Yes, there are a number of factors involved in that, but I think the biggest one is lack of a big WR who can win 50/50 battles. Right now we have Clay who can kind of sometimes do that but that's kind of it. Sammy is a great vertical threat. I think this board over-values Woods/Hogan. Even just the presence of a Marshall opens things up for the others. We saw that when Harvin was in the line-up opposite of Sammy.

That's my take.

Edited by LA Grant

Second Patriots game comes to mind, but there were a number of games this year where we had the opportunity to steal a win, with the ball back with ~2 minutes left, and the offense stalled out. Yes, there are a number of factors involved in that, but I think the biggest one is lack of a big WR who can win 50/50 battles. Right now we have Clay who can kind of sometimes do that but that's kind of it. Sammy is a great vertical threat. I think this board over-values Woods/Hogan. Even just the presence of a Marshall opens things up for the others. We saw that when Harvin was in the line-up opposite of Sammy.

That's my take.

I'm all for a new WR#2. Agreed on woods and hogan. I just don't see this as a glaring issue or a reason we extended the streak

I'm all for a new WR#2. Agreed on woods and hogan. I just don't see this as a glaring issue or a reason we extended the streak

Yeah. Well, tomato/to-mah-to. Games are won and lost in all kinds of ways but the 3rd down/2 minute drill situations where having a WR who can keep drives alive... that makes a major difference, imo.

Also I think having a veteran WR would have been really helpful. Marshall has had well-documented issues but he's a leader type. And Sammy has said multiple times he loves having veteran presence — he was excited about Mike Williams and Percy Harvin in equal measure, and Orton in the same way. So I think even just having an experienced skill position guy around for Sammy and Tyrod could have been helpful in intangible ways.

Edited by LA Grant